Ex Armed Forces Courtesy Visa

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)

I've just came across information that may be of benefit to ex forces personnel that could make your visa a little more affordable. I'm still researching it but from a few sources I've heard they only charge $10 per year even if you've not served in the Philippines. The flier says $360. You only have to deposit $1,500 also and have a $1,000 minimum pension

Link removed by moderator.  There are a lot of similar fliers, like the one posted, that can only be found on blogs.  The link provided goes to "Rxxx's blog" who is persona non grata until current admin changes that status.  It means we try to be sure that links to such an interesting article are from the original source and not repeated, Facebook style, from blog to blog.  Although I believe there is validity in the flier, it would be appreciated if someone could find a Philippine government source for it.

If other members want to search for it on their own, remembering to only post links to official government sources, then search for "PRA Circular No. 012 January 15, 2013 Series of 2013"

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
edited by Dave then edited again by myself
  • Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted

That is the SRRV retirement visa. For non military it is $10,000 USD for military veteran $1,500. Just search SRRV on this forum to find more information. I know someone who was able to get this visa.

• Like 5

virginprune
Posted
Posted

I believe that the ex military option is only open to US and Australian ex servicemen. I'm sure this does not apply to UK or other countries of origin. I'm open to be corrected on this.

• Like 1

Gas
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, virginprune said:

I believe that the ex military option is only open to US and Australian ex servicemen. I'm sure this does not apply to UK or other countries of origin. I'm open to be corrected on this.

It is open to UK citizens. A friend of mine who only spent a short time in the army was able to obtain a courtesy visa. 

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Gas said:

It is open to UK citizens. A friend of mine who only spent a short time in the army was able to obtain a courtesy visa. 

There are 4 or 5 types of SRRV so did he get the special expanded one for ex military amongst other things as the others are available for anyone who meets the rules. 

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, virginprune said:

You can read up about it here, http://www.fra367.org/PRA_Circular_130115o.pdf

Retired military personnel who have provided military aid and
training to the Philippine Government via a defense treat or any
other similar agreement.

• Like 3

Gas
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

There are 4 or 5 types of SRRV so did he get the special expanded one for ex military amongst other things as the others are available for anyone who meets the rules. 

Just called him and it is called a 'expanded special courtesy SSRV visa' and he deposited 1,500 dollars. 

• Like 3

Gas
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

You can read up about it here, http://www.fra367.org/PRA_Circular_130115o.pdf

Retired military personnel who have provided military aid and
training to the Philippine Government via a defense treat or any
other similar agreement.

Just called him again and it is not listed on the PRA website, however it is available to ex UK servicemen, as his was approved last year. He did not serve anytime in the Philippines. From what he has told me they will not offer the 'expanded' visa and you need to ask at the PRA offices.

Edited by Gas
  • Like 2

virginprune
Posted
Posted

Cool, thank you both for enlightening me. It puts a possible new slant on my future status.

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
On 4/13/2017 at 0:13 AM, Snowy79 said:

I've just came across information that may be of benefit to ex forces personnel that could make your visa a little more affordable. I'm still researching it but from a few sources I've heard they only charge $10 per year even if you've not served in the Philippines. The flier says $360. You only have to deposit $1,500 also and have a $1,000 minimum pension

Here is the link to the people you need to talk to for an Expanded Courtesy SRRV visa http://www.pra.gov.ph/main/srrv_program?page=1

• Like 3