Help with Privacy Error

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

For all the Internet/Computer gurus out there I need some help.

I connect to my PLDT wifi using my laptop and then connect to Facebook.  In the past, when there has been a brownout, I connected using my Phablet's data connection and the tethering option.  Works great.

Last couple of brownouts I connect my laptop to the Phablets tethering option with no problem but now there is a problem connecting to Facebook.  Even though my laptop is showing "secure connection" and even though I can access Facebook through the Phablet, I cannot connect to Facebook on my laptop.  It has a red line through the HTTPS and says "Privacy Error"

So why not connect to Facebook with the Phablet?  Some games I play to entertain myself during brownouts must be played on the laptop.  They don't work on the Phablet.

So how do I fix it so Facebook knows it is a secure connection?  And why did it change when it used to work?

EDIT:  This post was made to this site from my laptop using the tether to my Phablet so it ain't broken.  Only the Facebook part says not secure.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

EDIT:  This post was made to this site from my laptop using the tether to my Phablet so it ain't broken.  Only the Facebook part says not secure.

Whilst not Techy at all, Have you tried to reset your Facebook security settings? Sometimes they do shut you down if things seem iffy to a sensitive site as this can sometimes be. :smile:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

"Likes" for the effort but that site is too complicated for me to muddle through.  I had hoped there was a simple fix.  I shall keep googling but now the power is back there is no need to fix the problem, and when the power goes out I can't get on Facebook to try and fix it . .

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

It has a red line through the HTTPS and says "Privacy Error"

If it is showing a page that says something like the page is not secure bla bla look closely and you will see a link that says "advanced" something, click it and it will say proceed to unsafe, just do it. Sorry I can not give a screenshot just now but it happens to my yahoo mail and if l had of seen this post 5 minutes ago l could have shown you.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

This is what I think you are seeing

advanced.jpg

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Either that or it's confused and wants you to log into the "free" Facebook via your phone...  Data on phones here is so...  :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

This is what I think you are seeing

No, what I am seeing is a blank page with a red line through the URL (Chrome Browser) but when I tried to force it to do it now, it worked fine.  So its like a car that you take to the mechanic and try to explain why it is acting up and then it won't act up for ya.  When it happens next time I shall try to get a screen shot.

For now it is actually working as it should.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

No, what I am seeing is a blank page with a red line through the URL (Chrome Browser) but when I tried to force it to do it now, it worked fine.  So its like a car that you take to the mechanic and try to explain why it is acting up and then it won't act up for ya.  When it happens next time I shall try to get a screen shot.

For now it is actually working as it should.

Maybe hard refresh the page, ctrl plus F 5 at the same time :smile:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Chrome.