BPI ATM did not dispense any cash. Has anyone else had this happen?

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have BDO accounts. I had BPI accounts til this happened. 

My problem would be when my son deposits money to my US bank and I want to W/D using my US bank card in a Philippine ATM.

Any suggestions?

Edited by Gratefuled
deletion

earthdome
Posted
Posted

A BPI ATM ate my BPI ATM card once. No problem. Next business day went to the closest BPI branch and they fixed the problem.

For my needs BPI was and continues to be the best choice for my Philippine banking needs which I have discussed numerous times in other banking threads.

• Like 5

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, earthdome said:

For my needs BPI was and continues to be the best choice for my Philippine banking needs which I have discussed numerous times in other banking threads.

You're lucky but I'm not the only one who has had similar problems with BPI as you can read from Google and perhaps your needs are not the same as mine. I hope you continue to have good luck. 

I remember the old saying, " do me once, shame on you, do me twice, shame on me"

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

You're lucky but I'm not the only one who has had similar problems with BPI as you can read from Google and perhaps your needs are not the same as mine.

what if we google banks all across the world ?

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

what if we google banks all across the world ?

That might take some time but if you have nothing else to do, go ahead.

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

No matter what bank you deal with, you will have issues sooner or later...  Lol!  Philippine ATMs are famous for screwing up, so if you want to use them..? Hmm...  :whistling:

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, i am bob said:

Philippine ATMs are famous for screwing up, so if you want to use them..? Hmm...  :whistling:

I believe it. It's like I have noticed. Efficiency and competence are foreign words here.

• Like 3

RBM
Posted
Posted

It comes down to persistence. We once used BPI card at BDO as BPI was not functioning, was a Saturday. two times denied P20K, sure enough P40K came out of account...

BPI said must complain to BDO and vice versa, eventually I told BPI manager I am going to camp on your desk until something is done, your card your responsibility.

Took over a week of daily complaining, eventually funds returned. Now try stick BPI with card. If stuck will not use BDO as heard of similar problems, China bank seems good.

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, RBM said:

It comes down to persistence. We once used BPI card at BDO as BPI was not functioning, was a Saturday. two times denied P20K, sure enough P40K came out of account...

BPI said must complain to BDO and vice versa, eventually I told BPI manager I am going to camp on your desk until something is done, your card your responsibility.

Took over a week of daily complaining, eventually funds returned. Now try stick BPI with card. If stuck will not use BDO as heard of similar problems, China bank seems good.

My first month in the Philippines was in a hotel in Cebu...  With a China Bank ATM out front...  I used to go out front and sit on the steps after dinner...  Coffee and smoke...  And watch everybody cursing and swearing over the China Bank ATM not giving cash (empty) but taking the money from their accounts...  Made for an exciting evening...!  :mocking:

• Like 2
  • I'm Confused 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, i am bob said:

My first month in the Philippines was in a hotel in Cebu...  With a China Bank ATM out front...  I used to go out front and sit on the steps after dinner...  Coffee and smoke...  And watch everybody cursing and swearing over the China Bank ATM not giving cash (empty) but taking the money from their accounts...  Made for an exciting evening...!  

That settles it.

Scratching China Bank off my list.

thanks Bob

Edited by Gratefuled
spell check, typos
  • Like 1