coming to cebu with my filipina wife

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

I need to know how long I can get visa for, and about visa for husband coming in with wife

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

If your wife is still a Philippine citizen using a Philippine passport and you are traveling together, you can get a Balikbayan waiver on arrival that is good for up to one year stay.  Bring you marriage documents along in case they ask, as they sometimes do.

Otherwise, you get a tourist visa for 30 days on arrival, which can be extended to 59 days, and then extended again in 30 or 60 or 180 day increments, up to 3 years maximum.

• Like 4

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

thank you on my way appreciate the info

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, lonewolf said:

thank you on my way appreciate the info

Hello Lone Wolf, 

No wonder you were out of the loop.  Too busy making a wolf pack?  Have a safe flight back to PI and drink one for me, OK?

Respectfully Jake

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

Lonewolf, I believe your wife became an American citizen, I believe she could apply for and get a Philippine passport so you could qualify for the Balikbayan visa waiver of one year. Probably involve some travel to a Philippine embassy though, which are few and scattered in the US.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

While everything you say in your post is true.  I am not convinced she must be on a Philippine Passport.  I know of one filipina who married an American and they have lived in Florida for years.  They still come here on a BB visa and I am pretty sure she has an American passport now.  But perhaps she has both.  I'd surely check on it if it was me. :morning1:

I Knew a couple who would fly out of the US on their American pp.When they got to the phills she would use her phills pp and he his Am one.I think they would want proof at the BI that  she is a Pinay.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I am not convinced she must be on a Philippine Passport.

This from the BI

A Balikbayan, who may be either one of the following: i. A Filipino citizen who has been continuously out of the Philippines for a period of at least one (1) year; ... A former Filipino citizen and his family who had been naturalized in a foreign country and comes or returns to the Philippines.

www.immigration.gov.ph/faqs/visa-inquiry/balikbayan-previlege

I guess that means she does not need a Filipino passport provided she can prove she is a former Filipino citizen.  Another hit for the Davester.

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Somewhere, way back, I believe this was discussed...  Someone was coming in first time ever who had left as a baby I believe, and bringing his wife... (?).  Anybody remember this..?  I'm busy ripping DVDs to use with a class I'm teaching later tonight, trying to plot a new book out and catch up on the last couple days of the forum...  Maybe tomorrow I could look..?

• Like 2

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

thanks everyone glad to see things are sailing along. we re coming back for a month or two to visit family and friends, going to family home in consolation. hoping to go to camotes island, and Medellin . my asawa is the greatest she is a pleasure to live with, going to try to spend more time on forum.

• Like 3