UK Tourist/Visitor Visa For Unmarried Filipina Partner

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Well detailed, thank you for taking the time to share this with the group.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, jrlee183 said:

Six months bank statements (i highlighted each time my salary was paid to make it easy for them to spot it)

Now My friend a Question that I (and Others) would ask before I even thought again about applying for a visa for my Wife to the UK, (although I know you are talking unmarried But...)What sort of Funds would they be looking for, many of us have well enough Funds and Income (Mainly I feel pensions for many of us) to live here but not I feel, to support any application (Married or not) for a UK Tourist Visa.

As with many things it is all about Money after you have the other paperwork in order. YES?  :smile:

jrlee183
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Now My friend a Question that I (and Others) would ask before I even thought again about applying for a visa for my Wife to the UK, (although I know you are talking unmarried But...)What sort of Funds would they be looking for, many of us have well enough Funds and Income (Mainly I feel pensions for many of us) to live here but not I feel, to support any application (Married or not) for a UK Tourist Visa.

As with many things it is all about Money after you have the other paperwork in order. YES?  :smile:

Good question.  Some say work on about GBP 100 per day if you are staying in a hotel or probably less if staying with family, others say equivalent of GBP 18k per year (the minimum income they say for a spouse visa ..... i think).  What we did was in the application it asks what are the costs of your trip.  As long as your costs are realistic thats what i put the equivalent of in my partners account plus a little extra.  

Part of the 'paperwork' is documenting the money is in place already.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, jrlee183 said:

Some people have told me that I went completely over the top on the documents we provided

I am happy to hear it worked for you taking the the partner to the UK.  I also went "over the top" on the documents provided to take my live-in-partner to Canada.  It is my confident opinion that the person examining the paperwork saw the huge age gap and looked no further.  Request denied.  They did not take sufficient time to have examined all the paperwork.

The same lady got a Schengen Visa in one day when applying with a live-in-partner close to her own age.  So its not the lady or her circumstances.  Canada is just prejudiced.  Thus I have to ask, what was the age gap of the partnership approved for the UK?

jrlee183
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Thus I have to ask, what was the age gap of the partnership approved for the UK?

12 years age Difference. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, jrlee183 said:

12 years age Difference.

I am curious how the UK would handle a visa request from a couple with a 40 year age difference.  Have you had any experience with that kind of request?  Not where the man is 90 and the lady is 50 but where the man is 61 and the lady is 21.  Is there the usual "hidden prejudice"?

• Like 1

jrlee183
Posted
Posted
Just now, Dave Hounddriver said:

I am curious how the UK would handle a visa request from a couple with a 40 year age difference.  Have you had any experience with that kind of request?  Not where the man is 90 and the lady is 50 but where the man is 61 and the lady is 21.  Is there the usual "hidden prejudice"?

We have a family friend who we know very well who has that exact age difference between himself and his filipina partner.  No problems getting UK visas on numerous occasions.   US and Shengen visas also no problems

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I'm from the states and I plan on getting my wife a spousal visa next time I go to LA.

I plan on hiring a lawyer to do the legwork and paperwork. I know how tedious and time consuming this can become. I don't have the patience for that. 

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

I'm from the states and I plan on getting my wife a spousal visa next time I go to LA.

I plan on hiring a lawyer to do the legwork and paperwork. I know how tedious and time consuming this can become. I don't have the patience for that. 

By 'spousal visa' are you talking about resident/green card? It is CrAzY that it is "easy" to get a resident visa for a spouse but better chance to win the lottery to get a spouse a visitor's visa. What possible reason would a spouse have for overstaying when a resident visa is available???

*oops, sorry off topic for this thread* we now return to you normally scheduled comments....