ECC and RP (Re-entry Permit) Fees???

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I recently got my 13a probationary and ACR-I card that goes with it.  With the card there was a brochure with 8 information bullet sections.  Item 6 is "Using your ACR I-card as a Re-entry (RP) or Special Return Certificate (SRC)".  Here is a picture of that section:

IMG_20170419_0001.jpg

I understand the ECC but I don't know anything about this RP fee.  Where is it paid, etc.?  Does anyone know about this?  I'm going to try to drop by the local BI to ask but I thought someone here might know about it.

Thanks!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

I don't know anything about this RP fee.

I am going to suggest, in a "tongue in cheek" way, that with a 13a you no longer need a throw away ticket to enter the country so that money you would have given to the airlines gets to go in the government coffers :shades:

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I am going to suggest, in a "tongue in cheek" way, that with a 13a you no longer need a throw away ticket to enter the country so that money you would have given to the airlines gets to go in the government coffers :shades:

Well Dave, you may be exactly right!  I went to BI Olongapo and talked to my go-to guy there.  He said the ECC is no longer the same as when you are on tourist and it is not paid at the BI offices.  So when I go to the airport, I have to look for a window where I will pay the ECC-B and the RP fee.  He said he thinks it is about p2170 but I neglected to ask him what the breakdown was.

Any 13a holders out there with further insights?

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Well Dave, you may be exactly right!  I went to BI Olongapo and talked to my go-to guy there.  He said the ECC is no longer the same as when you are on tourist and it is not paid at the BI offices.  So when I go to the airport, I have to look for a window where I will pay the ECC-B and the RP fee.  He said he thinks it is about p2170 but I neglected to ask him what the breakdown was.

Keep us informed Don.  I'll need this information next April when we visit the states.

jpbago
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

gets to go in the government coffers

For the express lane and for the overtime. Looks like it is 2170p every time you leave whether 1 day or 1 year where as there is no fee for TRV unless more than 6 months.

It says "When departing" your ACR card...." What about when entering?

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I really do NOT understand this at all, if you are a Permanent Resident of the PI and your Card is in Force, just why do you NEED permission to re-enter Scratching Head.jpg The card itself say it acts as an entry permit, Does it not?

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I really do NOT understand this at all, if you are a Permanent Resident of the PI and your Card is in Force, just why do you NEED permission to re-enter Scratching Head.jpg The card itself say it acts as an entry permit, Does it not?

That is why I'm hoping that some other 13a travelers speak up.  Maybe this is one of those things that is in writing but never actually done.

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

I thought you were require to leave you ACR at the airport on exit.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I have just been informed,by two different people, that it is  2880.

Edited by sonjack2847
spelling
  • Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I have just been informed,by two different people that it is  2880.

And they paid it at the airport?

The BI guy didn't know for sure.  He was just guessing.