"How many do as I did...do"

*Raises hand*.  Bindar Dundat.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, RBM said:

Just returned from Gasanos.  

The tiny brown ants have been getting into mother board of coffee machine, twice been to the tech, said next time return to service center I Cano long repair. The machine is a DeLonghi and just 3 months old.

So, off to  Gasanos to buy a large Tupperware and a smaller one, water in large one and sit machine on smaller one inside, unless ants have a bridge or boat think I won.

Noticed what I required p120, big sign and smaller one at P90, ok grabbed an off to cashier. Buzzed and it came up at P150, hey says I look the sign says P120, yes sir. Why are you charging me P150, yes sir the register  says P150, hey that's Bastos...do something, sorry Sir we must follow register. So what to Do?  spend, my guess, at least an hour dealing with....brain deads, or forget the lousy P30......Yup the latter prevailed.

For the larger ants I use ground that seems to get rid of them.For those smaller ones I use a spray and have not seen any for a few days now. Several times in Hypermart now the prices have been different and I don`t even have to ask for the supervisor,The chack out girls call one themselves and it gets sorted in minutes.

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

I've seen the small ants sacrifice themselves so that their dead bodies form a bridge across water.

• Like 2

SNAFU
Posted
Posted

This stuff works pretty well, too. We are still using some we threw in a BB box a couple years ago. Since the active ingredient is borax, it sounds pretty much like JP's DIY recipe, ha.

TERRO® Liquid Ant Killer

• Like 3

Reboot
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, RBM said:

Just returned from Gasanos.  

The tiny brown ants have been getting into mother board of coffee machine, twice been to the tech, said next time return to service center I Cano long repair. The machine is a DeLonghi and just 3 months old.

So, off to  Gasanos to buy a large Tupperware and a smaller one, water in large one and sit machine on smaller one inside, unless ants have a bridge or boat think I won.

Noticed what I required p120, big sign and smaller one at P90, ok grabbed an off to cashier. Buzzed and it came up at P150, hey says I look the sign says P120, yes sir. Why are you charging me P150, yes sir the register  says P150, hey that's Bastos...do something, sorry Sir we must follow register. So what to Do?  spend, my guess, at least an hour dealing with....brain deads, or forget the lousy P30......Yup the latter prevailed.

We had a nice coffee machine at my old job.

It was the cockroaches taking up residence inside that did it in.

• Like 2

Gator
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, SNAFU said:

This stuff works pretty well, too. We are still using some we threw in a BB box a couple years ago. Since the active ingredient is borax, it sounds pretty much like JP's DIY recipe, ha.

TERRO® Liquid Ant Killer

Had a hard time finding borax - never did actually, but did find the Terro ant killer. Worked very well - a few drops here and there the ants were gone in less then 2 days. Retreated about every 2-3 weeks. Can usually be found at Ace or True Value hardware stores; think I paid around 200 pesos for it (last time I bought / needed it was in early 2014). 

• Like 4

SNAFU
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Gator said:

Had a hard time finding borax - never did actually, but did find the Terro ant killer. Worked very well - a few drops here and there the ants were gone in less then 2 days. Retreated about every 2-3 weeks. Can usually be found at Ace or True Value hardware stores; think I paid around 200 pesos for it (last time I bought / needed it was in early 2014). 

Yeah, and it's kinda fun watching those little suckers swarm the bait like pigs at a trough for a couple of days, then :pow: heh, heh!

• Like 3

jpbago
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gator said:

Had a hard time finding borax

I got some boric acid from a gold buyer/seller. Apparently, welding suppliers and jewelry stores may have it for cleaning metals.

• Like 2