Cheapest Throw Away Ticket?

bows00
Posted
Posted

I am planning to spend 3 month in the Philippines next year once I secure my retirement.  I guess the title says it all.  I will be flying Philippine Airlines and I am looking for the cheapest throw away ticket.  Thanks in advance.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Usually Malaysia would be what you're looking for but seach Cebu pacific and any Asian airline for deals.  The throwaway  can be from any airline and just print out the E ticket. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

bows00
Posted
Posted

Searched Cebu Pacific Air.  One way to Kuala Lumpur is around $80 US.  Taipei is cheaper at $48 US. 

Thanks for the tip.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, bows00 said:

Searched Cebu Pacific Air.

Many members have a different approach. Some buy from companies that specialize in throw away tickets and some like to buy refundables.

I like to buy a ticket from Clark to Hong Kong on Cebu Pacific.  At certain times of the year you can get that for under US$30 but you have to watch for the specials.  I have seen cheaper tickets on AirAsia's web site and Tiger air's Web site but its not cheap enough to make it worth spending a lot of time searching.

In the past I have bought throw aways for as little as US$15 but now they add terminal fees into the ticket price so those deals are gone.  

• Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, bows00 said:

I am planning to spend 3 month in the Philippines next year once I secure my retirement.  I guess the title says it all.  I will be flying Philippine Airlines and I am looking for the cheapest throw away ticket.  Thanks in advance.

Here is what I have used and had no issues when the airline checked it.  Cheaper than a throw away unless you get a refundable but that is a little more work.

https://flyonward.com/en/

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

Just got back yesterday from the States. (as I reported elsewhere) I once again bought a Manila to Hong Kong ticket 54 days out while at the Saint Louis Missouri airport on Expedia, canceled it after 'documents check' in Chicago at the gate waiting to go to Beijing. Told immigration at terminal 1 in Manila I had a flight in 54 days and would like to extend visa to 59 days. Had it in 15 minutes. Onward ticket cost $0

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted

On April 5, I bought an onward Manila to Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia for Dec 30 from Cebu Pacific for P1699 total.

AlwaysRT, were you asked to show your onward ticket at check in St Louis and at immigration T1 Manila?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Told immigration at terminal 1 in Manila I had a flight in 54 days and would like to extend visa to 59 days. Had it in 15 minutes. Onward ticket cost $0

1 minute ago, jpbago said:

AlwaysRT, were you asked to show your onward ticket at check in St Louis and at immigration T1 Manila?

There will be a day when it is asked for and I have to my expense had the reply, No sir we need to see the Ticket proper not some printout itinerary :whistling:

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

we need to see the Ticket proper

I always have the ticket proper just in case I do get asked.

Like return tickets for the two of us cost around $4,500 so why risk anything for the sake of a $48 onward?

• Like 2