Cheapest Throw Away Ticket?

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

All well and Good, NOW, what are you going to do if at your very first extension you are asked about your onward Ticket? The BI can and do ask this question from time to time.

We will soon be in the realms of just how long does a 9a Visa Holder have to have this Onward Ticket considering we can be here for up to 3 years on a 9a Tourist visa. According to the Law a 9a Tourist Visa requires and Onward Ticket. When the BI finally gets it's act Totally? together, I am of the Opinion that this issue will be addressed in Full and Checks will be made at extension Time

JMHO :thumbsup:

and what decade errr century will that be? :hystery:

Same same if I am asked and they want me to produce one at extension - which is extremely dumb since you are hitting a constantly moving target. I plan on getting a 6 month in June and maybe one more before we take a trip together and come back Balikbayan.

*Edit - Now that I read what Dave posted "Then he's gonna do it again   You are nit-picking here, my friend."    Yup Dave, you're right.... and hate them nits, can't see them and make you so itchy :tiphat:

Edited by AlwaysRt

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

"Then he's gonna do it again   You are nit-picking here, my friend."

Anyone, that thinks they can get one over the BI is not thinking Positive but isn't it strange how a Nitpick has made people aware of what I was saying. Whether people like Nit picking or not, it has it's place but some just have to be right, with the BI none of us will ever be right.

For me done, as I just don't need one, so just carry on, we can only ever try and help and/or point things out.

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Anyone, that thinks they can get one over the BI is not thinking Positive but isn't it strange how a Nitpick has made people aware of what I was saying. Whether people like Nit picking or not, it has it's place but some just have to be right, with the BI none of us will ever be right.

For me done, as I just don't need one, so just carry on, we can only ever try and help and/or point things out.

Not trying to get one over on the BI, just doing my part in the game they have set up, and yes, would just do it again. The point of the exercise is an effort to know I am financially able to leave and not be a burden on the Phils. That is reasonable and I have no problem meeting that requirement. With the extension ability up to 36 months, continually asking for another ticket that will not be used is somewhat silly and they know it. 

(this is getting drug out because my wife keeps interrupting me and I am loosing my thought) Nits are like no-see-ums, little aggravating bugs. I was just making fun on a play on words, not insinuating anything about you at all. Sometimes typed communication does not canvey the correct message.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

this is getting drug out because my wife keeps interrupting me and I am loosing my thought

:hystery: Yeah! I got a bug like that at Home too But have to be nice to her today as I am too lazy to go to the bank and want to go for a beer. Her purse is nearer than the bank :cheers:

• Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

have to be nice to her

Is she cheaper than a throw away ticket :hystery::hystery::hystery:  Don't answer that.  She might be reading over your shoulder. :7500:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Is she cheaper than a throw away ticket :hystery::hystery::hystery:  Don't answer that.

I have to I HAVE to, there is nothing cheap about the big "A" Discounts maybe but Cheap Hmmm never and I know cos guess who pays for it?:hystery:

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

If I can get a RT ticket with return 11 months out for $150 USD I get it. I consider it cheap insurance against the future and I have used it once! One way from Philippines to the US is not a cheap flight. That said: I like the Expedia or ticket renting ploy but we are talking a 20 to 28 hour trip in total and I just don't get the secure, warm, fuzzy feeling racing the clock to get through immigration before I have to cancel the ticket or have it expire. 

• Like 3

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

Last time i bought a ticket to Kota Kinabalu in Malaysia from Manila (think it was Airasia). Worked out to be under 30USD.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I seen this on FB and thought might be relevant here.

UPDATE on screening for "onward" tickets. Yesterday - PAL 153, LAX to Cebu. When checking in, I was asked to present my onward ticket out of the Philippines. Fortunately I had booked a ticket on an Air Asia Zest flight; Manila to Hong Kong, May 22 - for $39. Not only did the counter agent call Air Asia to CONFIRM this was a valid ticket, they brought a "supervisor out from the back office to look at the booking, then grill me on how I was planning to get to Manila, and why no flight there? I told them that my meeting with the US Embassy had not yet been confirmed, so I was unsure of the date I would leave Cebu to get there. Also told them that pre-booking was un-necessary and Cebu to Manila flights are cheap and plentiful. Just an FYI if you are planning a trip back to the Phils from the USA anytime soon. The "make-believe" ticket sites might not hold muster any more. Good Luck out there!

• Like 5

canadamale
Posted
Posted

When i was flying Macao to Manila april 19th, I needed to show a onward ticket from Manila before they would issue me my boarding pass. I used the printout of my flight confirmation Manila to Taipei.