Stering Hoarders please Note.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Just as a Heads up, if there are any Sterling Hoarders on the membership, this Fiver is soon out of Circulation so  change it or lose it out here.

fiver2.jpg

http://www.mirror.co.uk/money/5-note-one-month-expire-9981138?service=responsive

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Just as a Heads up, if there are any Sterling Hoarders on the membership, this Fiver is soon out of Circulation so  change it or lose it out here.

fiver2.jpg

http://www.mirror.co.uk/money/5-note-one-month-expire-9981138?service=responsive

I have never seen one of those for the past few years, but i am told Emma has seen many.:89:

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Will the money changers in the Philippines accept fivers?

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, Gary D said:

I guess it depends on how many you have, my wife is taking ours to the bank tomorrow 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gary D said:

They will accept $5 Canadian so probably would accept 5 pound notes but likely not any more.  My money says they are smart enough to realize they may not get them to the Bank of England in time :89:

EDIT:  But the do charge a surcharge for small notes. Not much, half a peso per $ or something like that

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

My money says they are smart enough to realize they may not get them to the Bank of England in time :89:

So don't tell them they are about to become Defunct. I mean, would they tell you the 500 peso note they just gave you was to be withdrawn in 2 weeks. NO! They would not :smile:

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

So don't tell them they are about to become Defunct. I mean, would they tell you the 500 peso note they just gave you was to be withdrawn in 2 weeks. NO! They would not :smile:

They would charge you extra for taking them off of their hands.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Just as a note we got 620 peso for the 10 pound Sterling at the Desk in Lee Plaza today we only had 2 Fivers so we decided to cash in. Rate was pretty good we thought :smile:

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Just as a note we got 620 peso for the 10 pound Sterling at the Desk in Lee Plaza today we only had 2 Fivers so we decided to cash in. Rate was pretty good we thought :smile:

I just popped into a Foreign Exchange in Greenhills today and their rate is 63.35.php. Time for me to exchange some money. Or maybe wait until the two anti EU candidates in the French election go through and watch the pound hit over 65 php. :shades:

Edited by Snowy79

virginprune
Posted
Posted

I've got three pound coins and they've gone out, or soon to be, circulation....time to find a wishing well :hystery: