Countertop Oven vs Glass Turbo Oven?

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

Will be moving soon and will have enough countertop space for an oven. Want to be able to bake pastry/dessert items as well as dinner rolls/biscuits and casserole/meat dishes. I saw a topic like this a few months ago but my searches are missing it. 

Please share experiences including reference to make/model  with both the countertop type oven (not the little toaster ovens but large enough to use standard casserole bakeware, not talking about a full size oven to take a full cookie sheet either though) and the typically glass bowl 'turbo' cooker in the lid thing.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Will be moving soon and will have enough countertop space for an oven. Want to be able to bake pastry/dessert items as well as dinner rolls/biscuits and casserole/meat dishes. I saw a topic like this a few months ago but my searches are missing it. 

Please share experiences including reference to make/model  with both the countertop type oven (not the little toaster ovens but large enough to use standard casserole bakeware, not talking about a full size oven to take a full cookie sheet either though) and the typically glass bowl 'turbo' cooker in the lid thing.

I was just looking at this last night which I think will suit my needs. 2017-04-26_120416.jpg

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I was just looking at this last night which I think will suit my needs. 2017-04-26_120416.jpg

I have had one of these for 6 years , if you get the fan model it is very good for baking roasting etc.I have no experience with the other type.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I have had one of these for 6 years , if you get the fan model it is very good for baking roasting etc.I have no experience with the other type.

I have no idea what the 3D means 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Perhaps the manufacturer was started by an individual who dropped out of school at grade 3 after receiving all "D" grades on this progress reports?

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I have a feeling   that 3D is the brand.I have no experience with the turbo oven.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I had a big toaster oven, with top & bottom heat elements. There were attachments for rotisserie, it was big enough for a whole chicken (1/4 sheet maybe?).  It was terrible for baking.  Very uneven heat (no fan).  We bought a turbo oven and it is great.  It works better for cupcakes than cakes because cupcakes allow for better airflow.   I bake chicken & pork in it, make baked potatoes, cookies, brownies, and cupcakes.  It will do toast... but slowly. I just don't eat enough toast to get a toaster, and the big toaster oven got put under the house... not sure why... 

I have no experience with the counter top stoves.  My wife is enjoying baking and we have looked at them, but not tried one yet.

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

I had a big toaster oven, with top & bottom heat elements. There were attachments for rotisserie, it was big enough for a whole chicken (1/4 sheet maybe?).  It was terrible for baking.  Very uneven heat (no fan).  We bought a turbo oven and it is great.  It works better for cupcakes than cakes because cupcakes allow for better airflow.   I bake chicken & pork in it, make baked potatoes, cookies, brownies, and cupcakes.  It will do toast... but slowly. I just don't eat enough toast to get a toaster, and the big toaster oven got put under the house... not sure why... 

I have no experience with the counter top stoves.  My wife is enjoying baking and we have looked at them, but not tried one yet.

OK Tim, you are the final straw. I believe I will go with a 'Turbo Oven' and get a gasul 2 burner cooktop as a backup for my single induction unit. Thanks to all!

• Like 1

jrlee183
Posted
Posted

I have a Breville 'Smart Oven' - nothing particularly smart about it other than its all digital, but is an excellent counter top oven.  Whichever one you go for, I would say a fan oven is essential otherwise you will basically have an oversize toaster!

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

OK Tim, you are the final straw. I believe I will go with a 'Turbo Oven' and get a gasul 2 burner cooktop as a backup for my single induction unit. Thanks to all!

you know it makes sense.jpg :thumbsup: thumbs-up-homer.png Happy Cooking Steve:shades:

Mind you don't let it get to this  Cooking(Indoors).jpg:hystery:

OK OK I know close the door.jpg Hmmmmmmmmmm mutter mutter I was only kidding

• Like 2