ACR Surprise

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I've just applied for a six month extension having been in country allegedly for 58 days ( I've left once ) and just filled in the standard CGAF to extend up to six months. I paid 13,405.50php and was told to go for some food and come back in 45 mins. On return I was handed my ACR valid for one year and sent on my way.

No application form, photocopies or anything. I figured it was going to be a nightmare as the day started off wrong with the Bureau messaging me telling me they were closed to start with and my tourist visa running out tomorrow which is a National holiday. If they made a mistake it won't surprise me as everything they told me was wrong.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

No application form, photocopies or anything.

That sounds correct as all you are doing is extending your visa. Of course you had your photo taken for the card. 

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

That sounds correct as all you are doing is extending your visa. Of course you had your photo taken for the card. 

All I had was a stamp in my passport when I entered. My photo looks like my passport photo so the must have a scan of it. The web site said I had to fill the application form in, the women at reception once she started moving told me also but she never had any forms. Mind you they did tell me they were closed by messenger and when I phoned up they were open. They also sent me to the wrong window where I queued for ages before being told to take a ticket number which again never related to any of the windows that were open.

When I finally got to the correct window I asked the guy for a form and explained I want to extend for 6 months on top of the initial 59 days. He just asked for the money and told me to hand it into another window, which again wasn't open. :571c66d400c8c_1(103): I just went up to  a random window and handed the receipt over and he told me to come back in 45 mins. Job done.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Mind you they did tell me they were closed by messenger and when I phoned up they were open.

:89:Hope you have not come across a Bogus Staff there my friend, all sounds a Little iffy in places. Main thing is Do you have an Official Receipt?

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89:Hope you have not come across a Bogus Staff there my friend, all sounds a Little iffy in places. Main thing is Do you have an Official Receipt?

Yip. Full receipt, yellow stamp in passport and a card. Mind you it was like a creche with kids running up and down behind the staff. I'm sure it was there kids. 

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Snowy79 said:

Yip. Full receipt, yellow stamp in passport and a card. Mind you it was like a creche with kids running up and down behind the staff. I'm sure it was there kids. 

Scratching Head.jpg Well I have heard of Skeleton Staff before But maybe they are training then Young now :hystery:

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Kids were probably on their lunch break from being outside begging. I went to the I think McDonalds near Swagman some years ago the the security guard had his kid there begging so I know it happens.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

My photo looks like my passport photo so the must have a scan of it

In the Cebu Mactan office they have a proper camera connected to a computer and actually take your photo or that was my experience a few months back.

• Like 2

virginprune
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

In the Cebu Mactan office they have a proper camera connected to a computer and actually take your photo or that was my experience a few months back.

That was my experience too in Gensan the first time. On the renewal last year I just filled in the form and gave them the two photos they requested. I notice that on my new card the pic was the one supplied by me as opposed to the webcam one, so it actually looks like me now!

• Like 1