Core Pacific $ Changer New Rules

intrepid
Posted
Posted

A few of the changers in our area now require a photocopy of your government photo ID kept on file before they will change any money.  I suppose this may be for their security. 

intrepid
Posted
Posted

A few of the changers in our area now require a photocopy of your government photo ID kept on file before they will change any money.  I suppose this may be for their security. 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, russellmania said:

The form called for my name,address of where im staying, how much im changing and get this,,,what I will do with the money!!!

I imagine you wrote, buying flowers for gwapa money changer :smile:

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Maybe they have had a few fakes.

• Like 1

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

making you pay to copy bills is more on their profit margin

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 4/27/2017 at 9:34 PM, JJReyes said:

the bank requested for photo copies of the banknotes

Did you charge them with counterfeiting US currency because they copied the notes?  Or did you get charged because they did it on your behalf :hystery:

According to the Secret Service, which tracks counterfeiting in the U.S., color reproductions of paper currency are legal as long as they are one-sided and less than 75 percent or more than 150 percent of the original size. After the reproduction is complete, the things used to make it, such as photographs, computer files, photographic negatives and digital media, must be destroyed or erased.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

The cashiers office here in Subic Freeport has a little machine that read the serial numbers and then prints them.  However, it does not usually read 100% so they still have to double check which ones were not captured.  It still seems to save some time.  Do any changers use these?

jpbago
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Do any changers use these?

They have them but there is no place to plug it in on the street unless they tap in to someone else's line so if you see a money changer with insulated cutters in his back pocket, then he will do that for you.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Today I exchanged at a changer for the first time in almost 5 years since I have been here.  We had 100 euro lying around that we received as a gift.  The changer has 4 or 5 shops in Olongapo and I park right outside one of them often, and they usually have a good dollar rate posted in the window.

They made me fill out a form with name, address, nationality, purpose, etc., etc.  A bit of a pain.  The rate was 53.15 and the XE mid-market rate right now is 54.67.