Dumaguete to Cebu Ferry and Bus - Safe?

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Old55 said:

Good to know thanks, what airline was that? I searched in March and found I had to first fly to MNL from CEB.

Cebu Pacific. Yeah, they don't want to admit there is a direct flight but I found it on a different site for php 2,134. Don't give up, keep looking. You don't have to fly to Manila then to Cebu and reverse to go home.

I recommend you book early too. It once took me 4 days to get a flight out of Duma, Luckily my schedule I set was +- 7 days for slippage. There are not that many seats, these are commuter jets. Imagine 2-4 flights a day serving an area of 150,000 people and the regional capitol at that. Throw in the retirement advertising.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

But usually it takes as long to get to downtown Cebu by plane as it does by ferry/bus.

Where do they land the plane downtown Cebu :smile:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Where do they land the plane downtown Cebu

:56da64b64cbd8_36_6_31: But just to clarify.  Show up at Duma airport an hour before departure.  Wait an extra hour or two as the plane is late 75% of the time.  One hour for taxi-ing plus fight plus unloading.  Half hour to get a cab (up to an hour if really busy as the flight comes in at peak traffic hour). An hour to get to downtown by taxi (again because its peak traffic time) so it takes about 4 to 6 hours to get from Sib/Duma airport to Mactan/Cebu airport PLUS getting a cab to Cebu city center.

On a good day you can beat that on the Ceres bus.

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

The answer is, they don't. They land the plane on another island entirely, Mactan and you have to find your own way to Cebu City yourself from there.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, robert k said:

Cebu Pacific. Yeah, they don't want to admit there is a direct flight but I found it on a different site for php 2,134. Don't give up, keep looking. You don't have to fly to Manila then to Cebu and reverse to go home.

I recommend you book early too. It once took me 4 days to get a flight out of Duma, Luckily my schedule I set was +- 7 days for slippage. There are not that many seats, these are commuter jets. Imagine 2-4 flights a day serving an area of 150,000 people and the regional capitol at that. Throw in the retirement advertising.

Yea, thanks guys I found it tonight. Kinda ticked me off I was unable to find in back in March I wanted to do a quick trip down there from CEB.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Old55 said:

I wanted to do a quick trip down there from CEB.

:hystery: When Travelling is anything Quick here? Even walking has it's drawbacks and Hurdles

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Old55 said:

I wanted to do a quick trip down there from CEB.

Yep, you coulda flown here, arrived in time for beer, and taken the boat back at midnight :cornflakes:

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 4/29/2017 at 9:55 AM, Ram1957 said:

Yes thats P320 per person on the open deck. Its P600 per person for the air conditioned deck.

Me and my daughter cannot do Aircon .She has asthma and I get allergies from it if it is prolonged.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Yes.  You are correct, unless you get EXTREMELY lucky.  One time when I was flying from Dumaguete to Cebu they cancelled the flight on me right after checking in.  I was in the waiting room when I heard the P.A. announcement that the flight was cancelled.  Within an hour they had us (all passengers) on a private van to Cebu for free and ticket price refunded.  Got to downtown Cebu quicker and cheaper than ever before :hystery:

But usually it takes as long to get to downtown Cebu by plane as it does by ferry/bus.

The point was I wanted for them to have their first flight.But now I have drunk the money,I didn`t waste it though on things like food and clothes haha

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

It`s a sea plane in the dock mate.But if they over run you are in Carbon market.But no BI there so all is good.

• Like 1