Dumaguete to Cebu Ferry and Bus - Safe?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

The point was I wanted for them to have their first flight.But now I have drunk the money,I didn`t waste it though on things like food and clothes haha

Heads Up Forum Members!!!! This is exactly the type of hard hitting action packed advice we live for.... thank you for sharing! 

• 4 weeks later...
Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 4/28/2017 at 5:00 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Its absolutely safe, from terrorists.

I must rescind that statement.  I still believe it is safe but not absolutely.

While crossing over from Sibulan port to Liloan port on the island of Cebu I was on the Santander Express fastcraft when I spotted a very fast pumpboat, full of men clad in black from head to toe, heading at full speed towards our ferry boat.

I realized that the terrorists could have figured out the weakness of this trip is on the sea crossing where they could pirate the boat, take captives and escape before anyone knew what was going on.  A lot of foreigners travel on that boat.

But luckily, there is a dive resort right next to the Liloan port where our ferry was headed for.  The black clad men were merely divers, still suited up, on there way back from a dive.  Whew!  It was not a problem at all.  But I realize it could have been.  So no, it is not absolutely safe.  But safe enough I would still do it on a regular basis without being too concerned.

• Like 3

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Ferry.... The ferries that are used in the Philippines are RIVER ferry boat discards from Japan sold after their listed lifespan. There are specific differences in a RIVER ferry and an actual certified SEA going ferry. Past Philippines ferry sinkings have revealed fake passenger lists as to avoid the passenger cap limit so no one actually knows the true number of the 'missing'. If there is a cap of 400 and there re 700 in line with pesos in hand....

So, if the weather is fine, no worries mate! But is the weather is rough, stay on or near the exits decks and doors. Google Philippine Ferry Sinkings and see what you find for the past 10 years.   :Caught: As for bus accidents... well... I have posed a few pics on this forum before.

• Like 2