How much you paying for water

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:smile: We pay 20 peso per refill delivered. [about 1 hour from phone call] No charge for the First Set of Bottle (5)

But then, it is a family Business:whistling: but we still pay our way!

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Our alkaline water went up to 40p per container. We had 2 blackouts last night and no water this morning so we used 3 containers to shower the 4 of us. Other than that, life is great.

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Believe it or not.
There is a faucet about a half mile from my place on a road that leads to the main road. It dispenses free water. YES, I said FREE.

Just about any time of day one can see people using the water to take a bath or to wash clothes. Many fill up water containers and take the water home. When there is a water outage and we are out of water for no telling how long, people fill up on the free water. I don't know if it is treated and safe to drink but its free. We have never had to use it. We have 3 large containers filled with water fort emergencies. 

Oh, we pay less than 500 Pesos per month for our water bill. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

Believe it or not.
There is a faucet about a half mile from my place on a road that leads to the main road. It dispenses free water. YES, I said FREE.

I Do very much believe it, in our Puok we have or had 3 Hand pumps, 2 fell into disrepair but I have asked a Costing on getting these back to order. Very much Free as of this time but Dumaguete water District are trying to get a levy on hand Pumps, We have one that is used Daily for Washing etc:  We never got the Water tested but my Workers drink it at times, very useful and the Purok pumps are very good for those that don't (And some still don't) have piped water., We built this House from our Pump,( Water did not come till after the Wall was up although the pipes were in) best 35.000 peso I spent I think

Anyway back to the Topic, My Local Sori Sori, is now thinking of Selling Bottled Water (the Large Ones) guess I can do a deal on it but Locally around here it seems to be around the 20/25 to 30 peso refills.

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Puok

What is a Purok Jack?

5 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

my Workers drink it at times,

Same at our house, we have a well with a hand pump but have now put a pump and pressure tank on it to supply the house.  All the workers and of late builders drink from it no problem............

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Steve GCC said:

What is a Purok Jack?

It is Part of the Barangay, some have Puroks some have Subdivisions. In our Part of JUNOB the main Barangay, we are Northern Junob and consists of about 40 Family Dwellings and 1 Subdivision of about 20 houses. the Purok has a President that reports to the Barangay Captain any problems or enlists help, the Subdivision has a  Residents Committee with the Chairman as the Leader (So to speak) and he Liaises as well with the Captain. It is like a Mini Form of Local governance that works well most of the time. So it is important in the Address issue so people can be found for post and billing of things.

So My address is Mr & Mrs*****************

Purok************************

Northern Junob.

Dumaguete City

We don't have Street names and House numbers but the System Works.

• Like 3

jpbago
Posted
Posted

30 or 40 of my wife's family share a hand pump/well in the squatter area. Yes, it is free water but they often get sick with diarrhea, utis (upper and lower), skin rashes and such. They bathe, wash their clothes and dishes all at the pump. 

Just saw this to today's Panay News: http://www.panaynews.net/

page2-pic-95.jpg

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, jpbago said:

0 or 40 of my wife's family share a hand pump/well in the squatter area. Yes, it is free water but they often get sick with diarrhea, utis (upper and lower), skin rashes and such. They bathe, wash their clothes and dishes all at the pump.

I can Understand this jp from a Well but the Hand pump I think many of us talk about is water straight from the Ground and  has been fairly well cleaned through Filtration but of course where it is Well stored (So to speak) goodness knows what has crept in and cr.....d

Nothing like Running water to be on the cleaner side I feel, can they not Divert from the pump head into buckets? Our pump head has 2 directions, it can be used either into a well Basin or Directed into Buckets.

Just a Thought:smile:

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Nothing like Running water to be on the cleaner side I feel, can they not Divert from the pump head into buckets? Our pump head has 2 directions, it can be used either into a well Basin or Directed into Buckets.

Yes, they could fill buckets to use away from the well, but they don't. They stand, sit, or squat right on top of the well to do whatever. The area floods at times and all the dog shit, chicken shit and duck shit goes down the well. There are a few wells in the area from about 30 years ago when there was only a few people living nearby. Every now and then, someone will get a water line and a meter to sell water by the pail but soon, the meter is gone due to unpaid bills and the line is capped with a seal.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, jpbago said:

Yes, they could fill buckets to use away from the well, but they don't.

what can I sayWho knows (dave.jpg Nothing to say Mate, I guess you just can't change things that they grew up with