Philippine Airlines MNL-LAX B-777

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I think I recall some people saying this was a fairly nice direct flight in economy.  Any experiences to share, either direction?  Is there a difference in seat / leg room in budget economy vs. regular economy?  I don't think budget is available anyway.

Why?  You may recall that I posted about buying tickets for my family on Asiana, from Clark, connecting in Seoul.  Given the North Korea situation, I am having serious second thoughts on flying my family to Korea at the beginning of May and again on return at the beginning of June.  Maybe that deserves another thread.

• Like 4

intrepid
Posted
Posted

I've not yet flown PAL.  For what it's worth, our flight here last year was on EVA Air Boeing 777.  At 6'1" and `275lbs, I'm not fat.  Just too short for my weight.  :hystery:  Anyway, we flew economy and I'll have to say this ship had more leg and seat room than any other I have yet flown.  Before I thought Korean Air was the most space.

• Like 4

Gary D
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, intrepid said:

I've not yet flown PAL.  For what it's worth, our flight here last year was on EVA Air Boeing 777.  At 6'1" and `275lbs, I'm not fat.  Just too short for my weight.  :hystery:  Anyway, we flew economy and I'll have to say this ship had more leg and seat room than any other I have yet flown.  Before I thought Korean Air was the most space.

We flew Airbus A380 and Boeing 777 last October and the 777 was sholder to sholder compared the the A380, I was looking forward to flying in a dreamliner and was very disappointed.

• Like 2

Reboot
Posted
Posted

On my last flight back to US, I flew PAL from Cebu to Tokyo. Very nice that. Then AA to Dallas. Nice also.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Reboot said:

On my last flight back to US, I flew PAL from Cebu to Tokyo. Very nice that. Then AA to Dallas. Nice also.

Congratulations. The last American Airlines plane I was a passenger on I considered asking them if they were really going to fly it before it was repaired?

• Like 3

Caronsabuas
Posted
Posted

The seats and seat configuration on Japan Airlines is hard to beat, particularly for economy, but you would have a layover at HND/NRT or KIX. My wife and I use JAL as a default with ANA and Cathay as backups for flying ORD-MNL. Anyone else miss Northwest?

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I use PA to and from Manila to LA. 

I travel once a year round trip.

Never a problem.

• Like 2