You report, or we deport! Bureau of Immigration lays down law to foreigners

intrepid
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

THE Bureau of Immigration (BI) has warned that foreigners who fail to report for annual registration will be deported from the Philippines.

The strict policy comes as the BI confirmed that the application deadline will not be extended, and remains set at Friday, March 3.

I wish the US would have and enforce this policy.

1 hour ago, jpbago said:

This is no different in any other country. Reports are more than a million illegals in USA.

A million?  Last report I heard for the USA was between twelve to twenty million.  The government doesn't even know for sure. This is part of the problem.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, intrepid said:

The government doesn't even know for sure. This is part of the problem.

That, believe it or not is what the ARP  in the philippines is supposed to sort out, we all moan about things here but on this issue they are at least trying to do something about it. Some people just do not want to be part of lifes' cycle :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Leaving only 13A holders to show up at BI annually.

It will get sorted eventually and whichever thing they do we will still not be happy

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Leaving only 13A holders to show up at BI annually.

Can't talk about the SSRV cos i don't know But the whole Sections 9 & 13 of the Immigration Act ( with all categories in them) are subject to reporting, Let's not forget Students, Work permit Holders & such, there are many :smile: when Registered over the 6 months and Hold an ACR card :huh:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Those on visitor visas defacto report to BI a minimum every 6 months

Yes but if you had a new 6 month visa in say November you still have to do the annual reporting in the first 60 days of the year so will be making that visit. 

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Does that apply to BB privledge too.

jpbago
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, intrepid said:

I wish the US would have and enforce this policy.

The Philippines is interested in this reporting and visa extensions as there is money involved, lots of it, where as, for example, in Canada, my wife gets a 6 month per year visa for 5 years at a cost of $73 Canadian. For me, the equivalent in PI is around P80,000 or $2,222 Canadian.

Gary D
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Gerald Glatt said:

Does that apply to BB privledge too.

Not for BB, you are not a resident.

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, jpbago said:

This is no different in any other country. Reports are more than a million illegals in USA.

I see numbers from reputable sources that say anywhere from 13 million to 20 million. I also think there is much gerrymandering going on. What status do Deferred Adjudication for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) have?  I seriously doubt they are being counted as "undocumented" which I consider a misnomer, there is legal and then there is Illegal. Amnesty is not the answer either. Reagan tried an amnesty in 1986 and the problem is much worse today than it was then.

I think it is silly to have those on tourist visa report in the first 60 days of the year because they are reporting anyway, and more frequently. If they want me to do it I will. I used to fill out the address portion of the reporting form up until the workers at the BI told me I didn't need to. One step forward, two steps back.

Edited by robert k

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Let's keep on topic Philippines BI. :smile:

I say this after I nearly posted my take on illegal's here in da States. :bonk:

• Like 1