Studying at Isabela State University

Shoestring
Posted
Posted

Old Hands,

I'm looking into studying at Isabela State University because they have a few degree programs that interest me.  On their website, they have their tuition posted, but they also say foreigners will most likely pay more than the amount posted.  Does that mean that foreigners pay two or three times the posted rate?  More than two or three times the posted rate?  Do any of you know?  Thank you.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Shoestring said:

Old Hands,

I'm looking into studying at Isabela State University because they have a few degree programs that interest me.  On their website, they have their tuition posted, but they also say foreigners will most likely pay more than the amount posted.  Does that mean that foreigners pay two or three times the posted rate?  More than two or three times the posted rate?  Do any of you know?  Thank you.

I can't vouch for the cost but ensure you have the correct visa to be a student and before throwing good money at a degree over here ensure it is worthwhile. Some degrees here are about as much use as toilet paper in the international stage and even among locals some Universities are looked down on.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

among locals some Universities are looked down on.

The BI has an Agenda on which schools, colleges & Universities they will issue Visas against.

Somewhere I have a List of those and will have a look later for the OP, it is Fiesta Week here so it may take a couple of days. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Shoestring
Posted
Posted

Thanks Snowy79 and Jack Peterson, I have to check out the school first before I get the student visa, but on their website, there is a big sign that says that what I want to study is open to foreigners.  The degree I have my eye on is like a home economics course for men. (Or, I think it is anyway.)  It's called Technical Teacher Education.  I think it prepares you to be shop teacher: basic carpentry, masonry, electrical, etc.  That's what I've been able to take away from reading the degree description.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Are you wanting to get this degree to then be a teacher in the USA or in the Philippines?  If USA, you should take the time to learn if the degree would be fully accredited in the USA, otherwise the degree would have little or no value.  If your desire is to teach in the Philippines you need to be aware that it can be very difficult for foreigners to gain employment in the Philippines.  Preference is always given to Philippine citizens.

• Like 3