Update 13A Visa Process

Jake
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, intrepid said:

Jake, I may be wrong but if you are ever planing to stay/ return for a stay longer than one year it may be easier to get the dual citizenship.  Just something to consider.

Yeah, you're right Danny.  I never thought about that advantage.  Wait a minute.....just had a brain fart.  What about if the PI govt would tax my SS and military pension?  

Hmm.......

robert k
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jake said:

Yeah, you're right Danny.  I never thought about that advantage.  Wait a minute.....just had a brain fart.  What about if the PI govt would tax my SS and military pension?  

Hmm.......

Jake, the Philippines does have a tax treaty with the US. I doubt they would be taxing your US income.

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, Jake said:

Hmm.......

I do not believe the Philippines (as well as the majority of countries) taxes income earned and paid from outside the country.

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Jake said:

Hmm.......

It would be worth checking into that.  Didn't Manny get into tax trouble in the US and the PIs?  They do love money.... 

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

The UK has a tax

4 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

Didn't Manny get into tax trouble in the US and the PIs?  They do love money.... 

The UK has also tax treaty with the PI and I would think it would have the same ramifications, if I earn money in the UK I pay tax there, If I earn money in the PI I pay tax here but neither is taxed in the other Country This is where Manny came unstuck he tried to evade by saying OH! but I earned that elsewhere You can't beat the Taxman all the Way, every way. Some years ago I earned money in Spain and Paid Tax at Source. It took me nigh on 5 years to get them to Understand that Tax paid at source, is Tax Paid

The Moral is, Declaration of tax paid, if you don't have a Declaration they will tax you here in the PI. As long as you have paid Tax in another Country things seem to go OK BUT I heard not that long ago that an Italian was charged an additional % tax here in the PI as the Tax paid in Italy was well below the rate here.:89:

Tax is a subject I think that we must go to an expert as there are many hidden things in these International Tax Treaties that only come out/to light when the Tax Bill is Payable.

JMHO But.........:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Jack:huh:

Morning All:morning1:

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I went for an NBI clearance here in Dumaguete. I went in and was seen straight away I filled out the form and paid.They sent me a tex when it was time to pick it up.The time it took  for both visits was about 45 minutes in all.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

They sent me a tex when it was time to pick it up.

I did not know that NBI had access to the Texas Rangers... :hystery:

• Like 1