FIESTA WEEK Aghhhhhhhhhh!

jpbago
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, RBM said:

at least its only  once a year.

It is only once a year in your brgy but each brgy in every city or village has one at different times and then there is the bgry Xmas party in January. Bacolod just had the Panaad, and before that, Asean Summit and before that, the Maskara, and before that, Chinese New Year, each one for a week or more. It seems that the streets are closed for one week every month.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Looks like Shadow had a great fiesta.

• Like 4

davewe
Posted
Posted

Complaints, complaints. Here in my US West Coast city we have the famous annual naked bike ride and the route takes it by my house. Believe me, after an hour of watching thousands of fat people riding naked on bikes you will long for the noise of a fiesta!

• Like 5

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 5/4/2017 at 7:07 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Looks like Shadow had a great fiesta.

He came back unwashed and hungover,chasing burglars indeed.

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

He came back unwashed and hungover,chasing burglars indeed.

Paternity suit is on it's way?

• Like 2

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
On 5/4/2017 at 8:33 AM, sonjack2847 said:

That`s how I feel about them.When I lived in Dalaguete at fiesta time,one disco finished at about 530 am.I thought well now maybe I can grab a few hours sleep. No such luck, around 30 minutes later another one started.

Sonjack that's about the cutoff time here too.:smile: Usually though, if it's a barangay fiesta, you'd think that everyone would just sack out and go to sleep. Then all of a sudden a private stereo starts blaring. sometimes I think neighboring barangays get jealous or caught up in the merrymaking so they want to add their two cents too.:smile:

On the thread of noise--what is it with Filipinos and loud music?! I get up early to water my garden, and most days I'm serenaded by the heavy base beat box of an unseen neighbor from some not so near residence. By 7:30 it's over though--maybe the guy went back to bed.

aebaa41e37d37eed9351d20568a89449.jpg

• Like 4

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

They need to have the "music" loud enough so that they can't hear their own thoughts.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Guy F. said:

their own thoughts.

Scratching Head.jpg

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

On the thread of noise--what is it with Filipinos and loud music?!

Excellent question Queenie!  I'm a bit perplexed also.  Perhaps it's the Filipino culture to show their bling-bling or one's upmanship?  Even some of the privately owned vehicles are full of decorative design, chrome and mirrors.  I can readily see that here when I go to church (once in a lifetime) and many of the Filipino Catholics have their bling-bling around their necks, drive expensive cars, big parties, big homes.  

Perhaps the label of American-western made or lifestyle brings them at the top of the heap of the crab mentality among the dirt poor?  

Edited by Jake
  • Like 1