What a bargain for dish TV here in Cebu!

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

Hey guys,

Just finished watching our home town basketball team Boston Celtics win big in overtime(game two) over the Washington Wizards in the NBA playoffs! It was televised on NBA Premium real-time so super exciting. Last night I was thinking that with our Cignal dish subscription we get several channels in HD including HBO and NBAPremium every month for the equivalent of about 10 US dollars (590 pesos).  That's a whole lot better than we ever paid in the States!  How about you folks in other areas or with other subscriptions? Is dish TV a good deal for you here too?

Queenie

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

It is a good deal for us now .Before when I lived in Dalaguete it was really expensive(650pm) and only about 40 channels, which were not all in English.We get just over 100 channels now and 80 of them are in English 500 pm.

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted

I pay P930 for Cignal. I only watch 1 or 2 hours of Fox/CNN news, the other shows, like series, I use my laptop to stream them. I hate commercials and there are many minutes of them every show. I may go for an indoor antenna or rabbit ears as my wife likes to watch the local news but Cignal does not provide that.

• Like 3

virginprune
Posted
Posted

I've got Cignal, started at P590, now P600. Since they put the price up they have removed around 10 channels from me including most of the HD ones like HBO, Fox Premium, Hits, BBC World and all the HD sports channels that I used to watch the Superbikes races on. There are other channels they have taken as well as these HD ones. They have left me both the cock fighting channels, about 5 God bothering channels and around 17 channels of basketball, none of which hold any thrall for me. Sky is now in our area so shall be looking into that as an option, can't be any worse than the rubbish on Cignal!!

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

Just finished watching our home town basketball team Boston Celtics win big in overtime(game two) over the Washington Wizards in the NBA playoffs!

I enjoyed the game also. Isaiah Thomas is GREAT. 53 points, I think he scored. 2nd most points ever scored in a Playoff game.

Since you are a Boston fan, did you watch the movie with Jimmy Fallon?  He was a Boston Red Sox fan. Great movie and very funny.

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

I enjoyed the game also. Isaiah Thomas is GREAT. 53 points, I think he scored. 2nd most points ever scored in a Playoff game.

Since you are a Boston fan, did you watch the movie with Jimmy Fallon?  He was a Boston Red Sox fan. Great movie and very funny.

Yes Isiah is a phenom for sure! I hope that they go all the way. That movie was funny...

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, virginprune said:

I've got Cignal, started at P590, now P600. Since they put the price up they have removed around 10 channels from me including most of the HD ones like HBO, Fox Premium, Hits, BBC World and all the HD sports channels that I used to watch the Superbikes races on. There are other channels they have taken as well as these HD ones. They have left me both the cock fighting channels, about 5 God bothering channels and around 17 channels of basketball, none of which hold any thrall for me. Sky is now in our area so shall be looking into that as an option, can't be any worse than the rubbish on Cignal!!

Wow--I wonder why they did that virginprune?  I would think that all Cignal franchises operated the same way. Yes there are a lot of channels that I jump right over too, but it seems a good deal for us in our area so far. Sky is only in the urban areas here right now, but I really like them too. They carry my favorite channel Turner Classic Movies (TCM) and Cignal doesn't.

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, jpbago said:

I pay P930 for Cignal. I only watch 1 or 2 hours of Fox/CNN news, the other shows, like series, I use my laptop to stream them. I hate commercials and there are many minutes of them every show. I may go for an indoor antenna or rabbit ears as my wife likes to watch the local news but Cignal does not provide that.

Yes jpbago we were thinking about getting the rabbit ears too just so that we could get local Cebu news. Most Manila news in Tagalog doesn't interest us. We watch a lot of sports and I like movies on the big screen myself.

virginprune
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Queenie O. said:

Wow--I wonder why they did that virginprune?  I would think that all Cignal franchises operated the same way. Yes there are a lot of channels that I jump right over too, but it seems a good deal for us in our area so far. Sky is only in the urban areas here right now, but I really like them too. They carry my favorite channel Turner Classic Movies (TCM) and Cignal doesn't.

Hi Queenie, the reason they removed them is that they want me to pay P800 to recover some of them or P1000 to get all. There are quite a few customers on the most expensive tariff that do not get all the channels they are entitled too. They complain like I have done but complaints are ignored. Because they are a franchise it is pot luck which hole between the buttocks runs it!

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

Yes jpbago we were thinking about getting the rabbit ears too just so that we could get local Cebu news. Most Manila news in Tagalog doesn't interest us. We watch a lot of sports and I like movies on the big screen myself.

Cignal has some double channels in regular and then in HD. Why would anyone watch in regular? For movies and sports, did you mean big screen at the cinema or big screen on the 42 inch TV? We use HDMI from PC to TV.