Anything new in pipeline

RBM
Posted
Posted

Our location unfortunately does not allow broadband so we settled for a package deal. This included TV and internet up to 2 gigs. Although we have never reached the 2 gigs it used to hang around 1.1/2 and about .7 up, slow but OK. Over night could down load a few movies and mostly we need e mail and a little surfing..

As is typical here, more users, and speed slows down. I know its useless but do still complain to no avail, the answer as always is not enough band width. During school holidays we go hours with zero internet how ever payments remain the same. Went to globe office and they offer some advanced wimax service, expensive to set up and and one is limited each month on the amount of gigs, unless of course one pays a fortune. here is the stupidity of stupidity.....They flatly refuse to come out and check your location unless one signs up and pays all costs, crazy, we begged them to just do a signal check...sorry sir first you must sign up and pay....

The little portable wifi does work but just to slow, here we  are limited to globe no smart.

Perhaps somebody knows if any changes in the wind...Have read our illustrious president is de regulating the whole communications systems...when...... We just get somewhat frustrated during these holiday times and have little prospect of any improvement.

• Like 3

intrepid
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, RBM said:

Our location unfortunately does not allow broadband so we settled for a package deal. This included TV and internet up to 2 gigs. Although we have never reached the 2 gigs it used to hang around 1.1/2 and about .7 up, slow but OK. Over night could down load a few movies and mostly we need e mail and a little surfing..

As is typical here, more users, and speed slows down. I know its useless but do still complain to no avail, the answer as always is not enough band width. During school holidays we go hours with zero internet how ever payments remain the same. Went to globe office and they offer some advanced wimax service, expensive to set up and and one is limited each month on the amount of gigs, unless of course one pays a fortune. here is the stupidity of stupidity.....They flatly refuse to come out and check your location unless one signs up and pays all costs, crazy, we begged them to just do a signal check...sorry sir first you must sign up and pay....

The little portable wifi does work but just to slow, here we  are limited to globe no smart.

Perhaps somebody knows if any changes in the wind...Have read our illustrious president is de regulating the whole communications systems...when...... We just get somewhat frustrated during these holiday times and have little prospect of any improvement.

I feel your pain each time we visit San Carlso City.  Worst part for us is we usually visit on the school holidays!  Now I am thankful the visits are shorter there and thankful we live in a place where the internet is usable.  Sorry, no help otherwise on system upgrades.

RBM
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, intrepid said:

I feel your pain each time we visit San Carlso City.  Worst part for us is we usually visit on the school holidays!  Now I am thankful the visits are shorter there and thankful we live in a place where the internet is usable.  Sorry, no help otherwise on system upgrades.

We are on outskirts which makes it impossible to get broadband. A friend about 4 km from us has broadband, 8 down and 3 up.....Doubt it's going be available our area any time soon, so question is what to do.

jpbago
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, RBM said:

We are on outskirts which makes it impossible to get broadband.

Location, location, location. Unless you are the guy that Dave knows who lives at the beach with no money.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, jpbago said:

Unless you are the guy that Dave knows who lives at the beach with no money.

He probably gets better Internet than many of us do.  He goes to the church to borrow the church computer when he has to do anything online.  Of course he cannot spend the vast volumes of time that some of us spend on here.  :whistling:

• Like 4

jpbago
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

He probably gets better Internet than many of us do.  He goes to the church to borrow the church computer when he has to do anything online.  Of course he cannot spend the vast volumes of time that some of us spend on here.  :whistling:

And of course there would be censorship. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, jpbago said:

And of course there would be censorship. 

:89: censored.png catch you all In the Morning EH!

virginprune
Posted
Posted

Like RBM, our location is just outside of town and Globe is only availability, via pocket wifi. When anything important to do online I visit a friend in town, he has fibre optic, good speeds and connectivity with that. It can be frustrating here sometimes but have learned the best times are late at night and early morning. 

• Like 1

roddavis
Posted
Posted

Finally got great Internet connection in the Province of Cebu near Toledo. Had 3.5 mbit connection thru cable modem but it would vary greatly depending on internet cafe usage. Sometimes could only get a couple kbits per second to 3mbits after midnight, so most downloads had to happen in the early morning hours. Cost about P3500. Now PLDT Fibre is here with upto 1gbit! Signed up for 50Mbit plan for about P1899. Now internet blazingly fast. Speedtest shows 51Mbit download and 72mbit upload. Around 15X the speed at less than half the cost. Heads up guys!

:SugarwareZ-005:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, roddavis said:

Now PLDT Fibre is here with upto 1gbit! Signed up for 50Mbit plan for about P1899. Now internet blazingly fast. Speedtest shows 51Mbit download and 72mbit upload. Around 15X the speed at less than half the cost. Heads up guys!

Sounds Good but Fibre seems like a long way off for Negros Oriental), maybe in the City (Dumaguete First):571c66d400c8c_1(103): but...........out in the outlying areas I feel not in my Lifetime. Although Promised in Valencia I won't hold my Breath:huh:

• Like 1