Change in BI hours

robert k
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, virginprune said:

When I did my imm renewal in Gensan last week there was a new information sheet posted. Informing that all foreigners residing in the Philippines for more than 6 months on a 9a visa had to allow 2 weeks/10 working days for an ECC. I did post this elsewhere at the time. Also, there was definitely a noon break, it was shut and I had to return later after 1.15pm. It seems mileage does really vary!

I would certainly try to contact the BOI at the airport in regards to ECC to find out what the BOI at the airport allow/ do not allow as that is where the decision is made.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, virginprune said:

Informing that all foreigners residing in the Philippines for more than 6 months on a 9a visa had to allow 2 weeks/10 working days for an ECC.

In all fairness.  My direct inquiry to the BI about getting the ECC at the airport did not ask whether I had to sit in the airport waiting room for 2 weeks. :bonk:  I should have been more specific :hystery: But its my impression (from others I know personally who have got an ECC lately) that its more of a scare tactic so we foreigners will kick up a fuss and somehow that will get them their express fees back.   By that I mean actual times to get an ECC vary from same day to 3 days.  Now if you happen to have the same name as a wanted felon then it may take 10 days to check you out and that may be why they are insisting they need that much time.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

middle finger.png Nicely of course

And I thought that the finger was reserved for me.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, sonjack2847 said:

And I thought that the finger was reserved for me.

Bad Taste ( angry baby).jpg NAH this is yours:hystery:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, jpbago said:

I asked at T2 Manila Immigration last March, and yes, one can get your ECC at the Immigration Cashier window, far left one. The one that I was talking to.

I asked at Bacolod BI last January, and the supervisor said you have to go Cebu to get the ECC. I said that I understand that you can now get it at Manila airport and I showed her the print out from BI and she said " It is up to you to take the chance but for sure, you can get it in Cebu." So then I left before 6 months was up. I like to gamble but I hate taking chances.

I wonder how many other people have cut short their stay.The visa service had a bad name before they started a go slow.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

.The visa service had a bad name before they started a go slow.

It is all about Money! I spoke to my lawyer Yesterday afternoon and asked about this, She said when do you want it for, will monday be OK?

Of course there was a fee mentioned but it can be done if you know how to go about it. NO I don't need one but just wanted to know just How quick these Immigration Lawyers can turn things around and it is Quick, had it not been Friday I am sure it would be same day for her to get as she is 5 mins from "J"Mall

• Like 4

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

The only advice I can give for those with little time on their hands is never take chances with anything involving the BI

I've even been inside the office and told wrong information it's like a comedy of errors. My last extension was a complete joke. 

I wrote about it previously but for those new to the site I was informed Immigration was closed by a taxi driver on the day I was going to get my extension (the following day). I phoned immigration who said I should message the bureau on Facebook for the answer. They replied by message that they were all closed. I also looked on line and their web site said it was at the discretion of satellite offices. I phoned up immigration again who said nope they're all closed. On the morning when my visa was running out and they'd told me it was closed I took the chance of phoning the satellite office who were in fact open.

I'll not go into detail about what happened inside the office but in short a few people told me one thing but another thing happened. None of it in line with the rules listed on line.

It's more fun in the Philippines.

• Like 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

The only advice I can give for those with little time on their hands is never take chances with anything involving the BI

I've even been inside the office and told wrong information it's like a comedy of errors. My last extension was a complete joke. 

I wrote about it previously but for those new to the site I was informed Immigration was closed by a taxi driver on the day I was going to get my extension (the following day). I phoned immigration who said I should message the bureau on Facebook for the answer. They replied by message that they were all closed. I also looked on line and their web site said it was at the discretion of satellite offices. I phoned up immigration again who said nope they're all closed. On the morning when my visa was running out and they'd told me it was closed I took the chance of phoning the satellite office who were in fact open.

I'll not go into detail about what happened inside the office but in short a few people told me one thing but another thing happened. None of it in line with the rules listed on line.

It's more fun in the Philippines.

I always go at least 3 days, sometimes a week before my extension is due. This is in case of any unforeseen eventualities.

• Like 4