Short term furnished apartment in Masbate?

bobba
Posted
Posted

Hi,

Is such a thing possible to find? Any recommendations? I'm currently in Legazpi but would like to go to Masbate for a month from the 21st May. Girlfriend lives there and has to return for work.

I usually use Airbnb to find apartments when travelling but apparently there is nothing in Masbate and I'm at a loss.

I have thought about getting a hotel for a month but have a problem that I am vegetarian and really need to be able to cook my own food.

at this rate I may have to return to my home in UK while I figure out places to stay (or she finds and furnishes me a long term rental or something). But I don't much want to leave yet.

any advice appreciated, I'm totally new to the Philippines

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

Get a hotel room for a couple days while you look. A smaller 'Mom and Pop' hotel may let you use the kitchen. Staying vegetarian here shouldn't be too difficult, especially if just a couple days while looking for something suitable.

• Like 4

bobba
Posted
Posted

Thanks,

Is it likely that I will find actual fully furnished apartments when looking on foot?

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, bobba said:

Thanks,

Is it likely that I will find actual fully furnished apartments when looking on foot?

Nothings likely until you try.

• Like 5

bobba
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Jake said:

Get on a tricycle, preferably a driver who knows the area and speaks English.  Hire him for half a day or more, feed him lunch and tip him when you find a suitable place.  Good luck to you sir!

thanks, I will see if I can do that!

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, bobba said:

thanks, I will see if I can do that!

When you say short term are you talking one month? Most will want 6 to 12 months in the normal renting market. 

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

There is a German owned hotel resort about 5 km from Masbate city, he should be able offer some good local advice, sorry not remember details as was few years since I there, he had invested heavily so I presume still there.

• Like 2