PAL changing flight to next day?!?

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

We have our holiday all booked (Anne and Karl are going for 2 months and me for 3 weeks - all i could get off from work). Allways prefered PAL over Cebu Pacific if the prices were similar or a little more.

Since Phil grandmom voulentered to take care of Karl for a week, we booked flights Iloilo-Cebu-P.Princessa and return the same way. We were very excited to finaly explore Palawan together.... That will be by far the most "we time" we have had for 1.5years haha... That was all until today. Originaly on our way back we had a 40min layover in Cebu, but today i got an email. Instead of midday flight they freaking changed our connecting Cebu-Iloilo flight to 18 hours later (6am next day). Im pissed off as ??????.

Do you guys think there is any point to let the sister inlaw call PAL? They could have rerouted us thru Manilla if the flight we had was canceled.

Worse case scenario anyone up for a brew or 5 end of september in Cebu 😂😂??

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

When we went to Hing Kong a couple of weeks ago we booked with Cebu Pacific. It was a lot cheaper than PAL. I booked us about 6 months in advance. Our connecting flight from Manila to HK was also with Cebu Pacific. A week before we were to depart I received a text message that a couple of flights had been changed. My nostrils flared, my eyes widened, along with heavy breathing. The first thing I thought of was missing my connection. Our hotel was already booked in advance.

Luckily, the changes did not affect any of our flights.

( sigh of relief)  BUT WHAT IF? 

Brewed coffee suits me fine, thanks

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted

I see that Cebu Pacific has cancelled direct flights from Cebu to LAX and return. Must go thru MNL as before.

PAL had tried a direct flight from Toronto to MNL also but had to change to a pick up stop in Vancouver as before.

Sander, I would call PAL to make the change that you want as there is plenty of time before you are going to use it.

Flights are subject to change to make the most for the airline, as would be expected.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

Every time I get a short, less than an hour layover, my connection is about as far as humanly possible [while staying in the same airport] from my arrival.

• Like 3

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

Sister in law had 5 or 6 phonecalls with PAL. Asked for a hotel - No. Asked for rebookig - No. I guess finally they were to tired of talking to her and did rebook us thru Manila with a 2 hour layover for free. Not my favorite airport, but atleast the plane arrives and leaves at terminal two, so i guess ill be okey :D.

• Like 5

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

My friends flight with PAL was changed. That meant he was here over 6 months and he had to do his BIO and get an exit clearance.This cost him a shedload of money and 1 or 2 extra weeks here as they were so busy.That airline can be a joke sometimes.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I will never ever fly a Filipino airlines internationally only domestically because there is no other choice. On the other hand I've friends who only fly to Philippines via PAL and love it. I've read too many horror stories. Or United.... :bonk::hystery:

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

You lost me at the part about exploring Palawan..... Is this the same Palawan that multiple governments are warning foreigners to stay away from? You say 'exploring' as if leaving the hotel and wandering around? Traveling outside the town areas? Here in the US, there is a chain of retailers similar to Walmart. Their name is TARGET.... if by chance you have one of their tee shirts with their T A R G E T logo... Well perhaps that might not be a good choice of shirts to wear on this vacation.  :Caught::pufff:

But, if the Palawan you are going to, is NOT the Palawan that is an isolated island on the west side of the Sulu Sea, well then ignore this post.... :SugarwareZ-005: 

• Like 2

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

Theres plenty of places in the world where you can get robbed or killed Bruce (even close to our home citys). Pretty sure theres plenty of turists around Puerto Princessa and El Nido. Im not to worried. I look like a bum when traveling anyways. Theres bigger fishes for them to catch :D.

• Like 2