PAL changing flight to next day?!?

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, mogo51 said:

But just think, you can't have those brews now Sander - bad move!!!

Haha. I know right!

AllwaysRT but since they allowed such a short stopover on one ticket, its their job to rebook us to a new flight from Manila to Iloilo.

Me and Anne had a talk and we will wait until its one month before the flight. If they havent changed the flight again, she will call them (she will arrive to the Philippines over a month before me) and ask them if they are sure about the 20min connection time they now gave us or if they want to rebook our flight with a bigger stopover :D.

The ticket we have is Puerto Princessa-Manila-Iloilo on one ticket. They allowed the 20 min connection with their flight change. Its totally them saying that 20min connection is enough and they will rebook us if delayed. If it was two seperate tickets, then id be worried (if both flights leave on time, theres no way in hell we will make it even with handluggage). Im going to print the flight change email out just incase they wont change the flight before hand and we miss the connection. Shows clearly we had over 3h connection before the flight change and after only 20mins.

Edited by Sander Martin
  • Like 2

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted (edited)

So far we have had good runs with PAL. When we fly Manila-HK-Frankfurt-Tallinn(Estonia) with Lufthansa (PAL doing the Manila-HK leg). We showed up at the airport 6 hours before (checked out of hotel and went) and asked if we could have our flight changed to earlier to make sure we had enough time in HK to make the connection. Original was 1h 20min and with the earlier flight it was over 4h. They just called the manager, she had a look (made sure there were free seats for the earlier flight) and said sure no problem :D.

Just keep your cool and be polite. Its allways fun in the Philippines 😂😂😂😂.

Edited by Sander Martin
  • Like 3

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Sander Martin said:

AllwaysRT but since they allowed such a short stopover on one ticket, its their job to rebook us to a new flight from Manila to Iloilo.

Yup, wasn't getting on you, I was digging at PAL and the funny way English words are sometimes. Whoever sent you that change to 20 minute transfer time was certainly not acting in a responsible manner (unless they are planning in advance to hold the plane for you), however they have put 100% of the responsibility for any consequences fully on PAL itself.

• Like 1

kalibojerry
Posted
Posted

Wow where do I start had my flight delayed 6 hours Manila to Kalibo 2 had my flight changed from Kilabo Airport to the Catalian Airport and if I had a problem TS,  3 Cebu flight to Kalibo canceled at the last minute had to fight with them to get a hotel and meal ticket, had to fly out the next day, this is just a few I could go on the problem is that Cebu Pacific is the only airlines that flies some of the areas and you are at there mercy and ask them if they care, PAL is very good at the same thing 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I LOVE the 2 major airlines in Philippines.  The reason is:  The alternatives for transport around this country are 10 times worse.  Boats and jeeps that are past their "use before" date.  Busses that have people standing in the aisle with their asses and backpacks in your face if you are lucky enough to get a seat.  Tricycles and habal-habals if you only go a short distance.  By comparison, Philippine Airlines and Cebu Pacific are the closest thing they have to real world transportation and its a joy to travel on either of them (by comparison remember).

So count your blessings and enjoy the ride.

• Like 4

robert k
Posted
Posted

I allow plenty of time for slippage if I must fly in the Philippines. I had a flight out of Manila and I was in Dumaguete so I started trying to get a flight from Dumaguete 5 days before my Manila flight. It in fact took 3 days to get two seats on a plane for Manila. This was a week after super typhoon Yolanda. I'm glad I didn't just allow 3-4 days.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, robert k said:

It in fact took 3 days to get two seats on a plane for Manila. This was a week after super typhoon Yolanda. I'm glad I didn't just allow 3-4 days.

Scratching Head.jpg So are you Blaming PAL or the Weather here? Many people wanted/needed to be back Home somewhere after that little Lot. Luckily I had already Got my Tickets for my Return to Manila, Maybe I was just Lucky or for once, better planning

robert k
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Scratching Head.jpg So are you Blaming PAL or the Weather here? Many people wanted/needed to be back Home somewhere after that little Lot. Luckily I had already Got my Tickets for my Return to Manila, Maybe I was just Lucky or for once, better planning

Jack, I don't recall that I "blamed" anyone? I wish you would point out where I blamed anyone because I wrote it and I can't see it? I merely stated that I allow time for slippage, at least that is what I just went back and read?:89:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, robert k said:

Jack, I don't recall that I "blamed" anyone? I wish you would point out where I blamed anyone because I wrote it and I can't see it? I merely stated that I allow time for slippage, at least that is what I just went back and read?:89:

Robert my friend Because you said 3/4 days to get seats then mention that it was a week after Yolanda That is what it looked like. Blame. We are just Ordinary people here Robert and sometimes your Writings have Hidden Depth as to me, this one did.  Not to worry all is well

robert k
Posted
Posted

Jack, my only point is to allow time. Nobody can foresee weather, earthquakes or what have you. In my case I can even be oblivious to holidays! But I knew I needed to be on that flight out of Manila or there would be much expense and not a little hell to pay so I started booking the flight while I still had time to make the trip overland and by ferry if I had to.