Has anyone had any experience purchasing from Galleon?

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, robert k said:

Queeny, I have heard of services that will forward your purchases from the US in a BB box for a fee. I have never used them and the name escapes me tight now but they have been mentioned on the forum before and I seem to recall it was favorably. If I recall correctly, one was called George or had George in the name. You order a load of stuff from Amazon-Walmart-ebay or wherever and they receive it and pack it in a box and forward it. [edit] I made a search and I can'r find anything of the sort now.:huh:

Robert the one that comes to mind maybe you remembered, was that comes to mind was that Johnny Air Cargo. You order and pay for an item/s and they provide an in-country US address for you to have it shipped to there, and they fly it here to you after that. You have to go through  BPI to pay first the shipping fee. If the cost was more reasonable, maybe that would be the best way to go. I guess I was attracted to the idea of purchasing and paying for the items along with shipping all at once online with Galleon. The cargo service might be more reliable and cheaper, but a little more work.

robert k
Posted
Posted

Queenie, I looked at the prices on Galleon and I think it wouldn't take too many items before someone could pay my airfare to bring them in as my luggage!:89:

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, robert k said:

Queenie, I looked at the prices on Galleon and I think it wouldn't take too many items before someone could pay my airfare to bring them in as my luggage!:89:

Really?!! Oh no! I'd rather pay your ticket!! I guess I'll have to pursue the air cargo after all. I'm afraid to order directly from ebay and worry if my item will ever reach me..

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

From looking at the site, I am going to book mark it. It might be useful for a must have item that I am willing to pay a premium for. With delivery cost averaging about fifty present of the item I am willing to bet I can find a close substitute here for most items.

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Queenie O. said:

Really?!! Oh no! I'd rather pay your ticket!! I guess I'll have to pursue the air cargo after all. I'm afraid to order directly from ebay and worry if my item will ever reach me..

Just a side not on Ebay Philippines.  I made a purchase last week for my daughter form a seller in Manila.  Received the item in 3 days.  That was a good experience but was within the country.  I'm afraid of shipping and duty from outside the Philippines.

• Like 2

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

If something is not for resale may you have shipped in BB box?

Queenie may buy 20-30 pairs of shoes sandals have them dropped at a relative and put in the vox with spam used as filler.

No charge for this and other great ideas that many believe are worth twice as much.

:5714137783ea0_1(172):

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

The mail forwarding service I used, Traveling Mailbox, had a service where they could receive shipments then consolidate them into one package to ship overseas. I don't recall the cost. As someone else mentioned, best if you have someone who can receive your shipments and consolidate them into a BB box to ship.

• Like 1