Safety of foreigners in Mati City?

simon Fenster
Posted
Posted

Hi, I am sorry if others have asked this before recently.. I am considering an extended visit in Mati City and Dahican beach. I am wondering if there are ex-pats living there and if the area is safe from both NPA and extremists. Thanks for the site and all the great info I am finding here on lots of topics.. 

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Wellome Simon.

I have never been there or close to that area. However that are multiple travel advisories about that general area. If it were ME? I wouldn't go there. But then again I have no reason to.

Good luck and again welcome to the forum

• Like 3

simon Fenster
Posted
Posted

Ok, will take under advisement..Thanks for the reply. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, scott h said:

If it were ME? I wouldn't go there.

Welcome.jpg to the Forum my friend. I was talking to a Brit only on Saturday who told me that he had an insertion on his travel Insurance that the cover would be void if he travelled in Areas of concern to the Embassy so my Friend, I would not to go Mindanao (Anywhere) just at this time but as we say each to our own but having heard this from a Traveler I would say if you are carrying Insurance please check the clauses whatever have a good trip and maybe you can fill us in on it after, Now you are here Don't be a Stranger (many newbies are of late)   :thumbsup:

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, simon Fenster said:

Ok, will take under advisement..Thanks for the reply. 

By all means come and enjoy the Philippines, just might be best to pick another area.

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum and please take heed!

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, simon Fenster said:

Hi, I am sorry if others have asked this before recently.. I am considering an extended visit in Mati City and Dahican beach. I am wondering if there are ex-pats living there and if the area is safe from both NPA and extremists. Thanks for the site and all the great info I am finding here on lots of topics.. 

Hello Simon,

Are you meeting someone special there?  Perhaps relocate your rendezvous elsewhere, like Davao which is right across the bay.  We strongly recommend to stay away for now.  

Welcome aboard sir! 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

I was talking to a Brit only on Saturday who told me that he had an insertion on his travel Insurance that the cover would be void if he travelled in Areas of concern to the Embassy so my Friend, I would not to go Mindanao (Anywhere) just at this time but as we say each to our own but having heard this from a Traveler I would say if you are carrying Insurance please check the clauses whatever have a good trip and maybe you can fill us in on it after, Now you are here Don't be a Stranger (many newbies are of late)   :thumbsup:

I believe all travel insurance has that clause so now with recent warnings for Cebu, Bohol and Palawan etc I guess it's not just Mindanao that voids ones insurance. 

• Like 2