Be vigilant with your possessions

Gator
Posted
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

but were planning to steal the bike.

Steal? Nah, Filipinos never steal anything - they just "barrow" it from you (or is to you? - never can get that straight).

And as far as bags on bikes go - they're community property; or so I was advised when I bought my bike. I promptly removed the small (and mostly useless) tool kit attached to the rear fender. I wasn't in the mood to barrow it to somebody I didn't know. Plus they might hurt themselves trying to use the cheap screw driver to open a bottle of Red Horse and I would have felt guilty for barrowing it to them! 

Edited by Gator
  • Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I was in Valencia yesterday afternoon.I parked my MC opposite the bar I went into,the red table.I was sat there and noticed a few of the hubble hubble drivers seemingly looking at my bag on the back of the bike.So I kept my eye on them.About 10 minutes go by and one of them went and sat side saddle on it.I told him to get off and he did.

One man in particular was looking a lot more than the others but he went when he realised it was my bike and I was watching.He came back 10 minutes later and lo and behold he had the same MC.I think they weren`t looking at the bag but were planning to steal the bike.So people after what happened to Dave make sure you can see your stuff or at least put it somewhere safe.

What is the alternative Kevin, will a heavy duty chain and padlock do the trick?  

• Like 3

Reboot
Posted
Posted

What sort of bikes are these?

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Reboot said:

What sort of bikes are these?

If you refer to my post, in two or the instances I refer to my very nice, stolen Honda XRM and in the other 2 instances I refer to my "cheap as they come" RUSI.

• Like 2

Reboot
Posted
Posted

I wonder if a more unusual model would be less likely to be stolen. 

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:hystery: One of my helpers left a brush she could' manage to bring in after sweeping the Roadside by the gate to get later.

It had only been there 2 or 3 mins she told me, GONE, Geez anything not bolted to the Ground Goes EH? Scratching Head.jpg

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gator said:

I would have felt guilty for barrowing it to them! 

wheelbarrow_wb_2.jpg :smile:

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

It had only been there 2 or 3 mins she told me, GONE, Geez anything not bolted to the Ground Goes EH? 

In some areas, such as the areas I lived around Cebu, you could not even unlock your gate and leave the lock hanging on the gate as it would be stolen for scrap metal within 2 or 3 minutes.  I always had to lock it or bring it in the house.  I can't count how many locks I lost before having that lesson permanently embedded in my memory.

Even trash.  When I moved last time I left a few broken items for the trash man, thinking he may want them for the scrap metal value.  Nope, stolen by others long before the trash man got there.

• Like 4