Be vigilant with your possessions

Bruce
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, scott h said:

Kome on guys, you are behind the times, motorcycles now days are considered to be like those communal rental bikes you see in lots of metropolitan areas. You come out of a store, just jump on the nearest bike and off you go! Its the new rage :hystery:

Why that reminds me of old whats-her-name.... Remember her?.... The one often referred to as the Village Bike???? No need to be vigilant there. Can't steal what is free for the asking.... :nudie: 

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
On 5/17/2017 at 5:50 PM, Gary D said:

We had an old plastic washing bowl stolen from the walled front garden when it was accidentally left out over night. I also had a razor go missing when we had guests overnight.

Gary--someone stole one of our empty plastic trash barrels left along the gate by the trash pick-up, but they returned it when they realized it had a hole in the bottom!:mocking:

One time we organized and paid for a  neighborhood roadside trash pickup along the mangroves at the sea's edge.  We had left a note to the trash pickup people asking that that the sacks of collected trash could please be picked up the following day. Early the next morning, some of the  the trash had been emptied out in order to steal the empty sacks! The trash had to be repacked into new sacks.:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

some of the  the trash had been emptied out in order to steal the empty sacks! 

:huh: As I often say, just about Everything here has a value to someone :whistling:

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
Just now, Jack Peterson said:

:huh: As I often say, just about Everything here has a value to someone :whistling:

Especially if it's ripe for the taking, Jack! :smile:

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

A few months ago we paid for the materials, and local fishermen nearby got together to build a payag or small bamboo shelter so that the fellow fishermen could rest while fishing and during thunder and lightening episodes of a sudden storm.  Because it was close by, my husband wired a light from our nearby power so that the neighborhood fishermen could see their way to climb up from the water below during the night.  He finally ended up pulling the light fixture back in though, because someone kept stealing the light bulb! :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

He finally ended up pulling the light fixture back in though, because someone kept stealing the light bulb! :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

We found that the Barangay Light fixer was Stealing the 7 watt bulbs from the Road lamps and putting in 3 watt.

I guess that if a lamp goes out in his house he just nips done the road to a Pole & gets a lamp

BTW I say lamp as my sparky tells me a Bulb is what you plant in the garden, an electric lamp lights up. Funny old this this language EH?

Now I think of it, My Grandmother always referred to the GAS lamps need Lighting, then when she had Electric on, it was turn that Lamp OFF it costs Money? Hmmmmm and Gas didn't? BUT Then she had a Shilling Meter :89::smile: (Think about for a Min or so)

Jack :shades:

Morning All.:photo-109:

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Bruce said:

The actual phrase about using locks is "To keep the honest people, honest". But you really know things are bad in the greater Cebu region when you are out at a bar with your GF and you go to the CR and come back and she is G O NE ! :7500:

So Bruce you never put her steering lock on.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Yes but that beggars belief 

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Yes but that beggars belief 

:89: How so mate when we see so many people at the Junk Yards or was it  a:hystery: Reply

You know I had some lads in the garden after they did my fences and Carport picking up the small ends of metal and putting it into bags even the weld rod ends. the only thing that no one seems to want is their OWN rubbish or did they sort that first:smile:

Scratching Head.jpg

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little
  • Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: How so mate when we see so many people at the Junk Yards or was it  a:hystery: Reply

You know I had some lads in the garden after they did my fences and Carport picking up the small ends of metal and putting it into bags even the weld rod ends. the only thing that no one seems to want is their OWN rubbish or did they sort that first:smile:

Scratching Head.jpg

Sorry mate I was quoting you and Queenie but messed somewhere along.Post number 42

• Like 1