Be vigilant with your possessions

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, sonjack2847 said:

Sorry mate I was quoting you and Queenie but messed somewhere along.Post number 42

:56da64aa52228_23_9_101:

robert k
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Bruce said:

The actual phrase about using locks is "To keep the honest people, honest". But you really know things are bad in the greater Cebu region when you are out at a bar with your GF and you go to the CR and come back and she is G O NE ! :7500:

I'm ok with this as long as they don't bring her back.:smile:

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

So Bruce you never put her steering lock on.

Actually, I never had a GF in Cebu. But I did talk to a guy who had that happen.... Luckily for him, there were a few (thousand) spares available.... :whistling:

• Like 4

davewe
Posted
Posted
On 5/28/2017 at 5:43 PM, Queenie O. said:

Gary--someone stole one of our empty plastic trash barrels left along the gate by the trash pick-up, but they returned it when they realized it had a hole in the bottom!:mocking:

One time we organized and paid for a  neighborhood roadside trash pickup along the mangroves at the sea's edge.  We had left a note to the trash pickup people asking that that the sacks of collected trash could please be picked up the following day. Early the next morning, some of the  the trash had been emptied out in order to steal the empty sacks! The trash had to be repacked into new sacks.:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

I have said it before (but don't want to come off as bragging) that we live in a "nice" US neighborhood. This morning was trash day and I put out the 3 cans (trash, recycle, and yard debris) last night. Around 10:00 PM Janet is looking outside. Someone is going through our recycle bucket. This is not that unusual; there are homeless here who look for cans which they cash for the deposit. But what is fascinating Janet is that the perpetrator is driving a van. Janet says she is an Asian woman and is well equipped for her task, using a flashlight to inspect each recycle can on the street.

I have no great point, other than it fascinated Janet that in the rich US people drive up to steal your garbage .

• Like 3

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, davewe said:

I have said it before (but don't want to come off as bragging) that we live in a "nice" US neighborhood. This morning was trash day and I put out the 3 cans (trash, recycle, and yard debris) last night. Around 10:00 PM Janet is looking outside. Someone is going through our recycle bucket. This is not that unusual; there are homeless here who look for cans which they cash for the deposit. But what is fascinating Janet is that the perpetrator is driving a van. Janet says she is an Asian woman and is well equipped for her task, using a flashlight to inspect each recycle can on the street.

I have no great point, other than it fascinated Janet that in the rich US people drive up to steal your garbage .

Oh I can relate to that Dave. Back in Providence, RI we rented on a main residential street that was near a lot of universities, and was kind of a little upscale. Every sunday night there would be tons of people going through trash recycling bins and left out cast offs. People ran the gamut from street people to fancy folks from the nearby boulevard. My husband and I have found many a cool item being thrown away too like bicycles to coffee tables to fancy cooking pots. My husband when he first arrived in the States, marveled at what people would part with, and it gave him such a thrill. Our landlord was Cuban, and she agreed because she said in Cuba, nothing was ever thrown out, but always repaired.:smile:  Your wife should get in on the treasure hunt!:smile: As they say "one man's trash is another man's treasure!"

• Like 4