Rabies and seizures

PoppyFlower
Posted
Posted

Hello,  I am posting this on behalf of a friend. Her 8 year old son has presented with symptoms of rabies and was taken to the local hospital and has been given a treatment of shots over the past few weeks.  He has now had a few episodes of seizures.  We are concerned that he is not getting the right treatment and she does not seems to be getting any direction from his current medical care.

Can anyone recommend an alternative doctor/hospital in the Clark area?  We would like to get a 2nd opinion.  thank you 

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I have no idea but surely hope someone can help out here. :SugarwareZ-034:

• Like 1

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

good luck hope all turns outwell

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, PoppyFlower said:

Hello,  I am posting this on behalf of a friend. Her 8 year old son has presented with symptoms of rabies and was taken to the local hospital and has been given a treatment of shots over the past few weeks.  He has now had a few episodes of seizures.  We are concerned that he is not getting the right treatment and she does not seems to be getting any direction from his current medical care.

Can anyone recommend an alternative doctor/hospital in the Clark area?  We would like to get a 2nd opinion.  thank you 

Maybe he is allergic to that type of medication.My daughter had antibiotics last year and had seizures.Do the best you can to get a second opinion even if it means another hospital.Hope it all works out for your friend.

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

About 7 years ago I was ill in Angeles and was taken to a Hospital on the way to Marcus Mall?, cannot remember the name of the hospital, but the treatment was excellent, only a general public hospital.  Vague I know, but maybe someone knows the one I mean.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

It is a common belief that St Lukes Hospital is the best on in the Manila area, probably all of Philippines.  If it is worth a trip from Clark to Manila center then I believe that is where you will get your best "second opinion".  Just my humble opinion.

This was our thought as well. Manila is a two hour drive worse case?

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

Sorry to hear that 

11 hours ago, PoppyFlower said:

Sorry to hear that PoppyFlower,  a lot of possible thoughts have been offered, so I hope one works for you, and the child has a good outcome.  As I'm sure you're aware, when dealing with rabies bites and possible symptoms, time is of the essence. Best to get that second opinion and help ASAP! 

I hope that it all works out well for your friend and her son.

• Like 5

PoppyFlower
Posted
Posted

Thank you everyone for your help. Your advice is greatly appreciated. We will look into St Luke's as our next step. 

• Like 3

Reboot
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

It is a common belief that St Lukes Hospital is the best on in the Manila area, probably all of Philippines.

For whatever it is worth, I have heard this also.

Hoping the best for that child.

Reboot.