The Anti-Distracted Diving Law in Effect May 18 2017

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

That is Today Folks, So if you have not heard or read about we now have a Common Sense Law about what we have all (Most) have been Saying for years. ;

driving law.jpg :89: I wonder

Edited by Jack Peterson
put Date right

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Do you think it will be enforced as well as the speeding, drunk driving, no license, no registration, no helmet and no parking laws?  Yes I am skeptical :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Dave Hounddriver said:

Do you think it will be enforced as well as the speeding, drunk driving, no license, no registration, no helmet and no parking laws?    Yes I am skeptical :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Scratching Head.jpg You mean there is a Law against these things too :whistling:

• Like 4

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Yes I am skeptical :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Me also, if only because the windows are so tinted, how can anyone tell if someone is using a phone:hystery:

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

This will be strictly enforced at all times No Exception!!!!

Foreigners only.  ;^(

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, scott h said:

Me also, if only because the windows are so tinted, how can anyone tell if someone is using a phone:hystery:

Not sure about other countries but what they do in Australia is position themselves like at a bus stop or an elevated position  in plain clothes with a radio to inform the cops further down the road to say who to pull over. Even here most windscreens are not tinted from what l see. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Not sure about other countries but what they do in Australia is position themselves like at a bus stop or an elevated position  in plain clothes with a radio to inform the cops further down the road to say who to pull over. Even here most windscreens are not tinted from what l see. :thumbsup:

In Toronto, the police ride in the street cars/buses to look down unexpectedly at the drivers.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

I saw a piece on cnn Philippines last night. Seems that they are going to use a "no contact" enforcement method. cctv and mail them the violation. Seems that the majority of the violators are motorcycle riders texting at stop lights. But they did capture quite a few car drivers captured  through the front wind shield (wind screen for you guys who drive on the left side of the road :thumbsup:).

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, scott h said:

I saw a piece on cnn Philippines last night. Seems that they are going to use a "no contact" enforcement method. cctv and mail them the violation. Seems that the majority of the violators are motorcycle riders texting at stop lights. But they did capture quite a few car drivers captured  through the front wind shield (wind screen for you guys who drive on the left side of the road :thumbsup:).

And about time too my better half says after years of dodging fools on mobile phones in Manila. Put the phones in the boot (that's trunk for those that drive on the right side of the road, lol) so they can't be used while driving. 

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 3

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Yes JGF, traffic laws in Oz well and truly enforced for safety,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,or was that revenue?

Something I read a year or 2 ago said that since mobile phone while driving laws have been enforced, accidents numbers related to mobile phones while driving appeared to have increased. The reason given was that people (especially younger) text with the phone on their lap so looking down all the time instead of having it on the steering wheel. Let's hope drivers in PH adhere to these new laws.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 1