Buying a car

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

She gets a whopping 30,000 a month travel expense included in her wage i am told

Can't see it Steve, What does she do? It is no secret about my wife and her employment but her travel allowance is sometimes Trike fare or Organised Travel Vouchers and subsistence for the Trip, her company would do well to give her a company car if travel is that essential and cut the loses on Travel expenses tagged to wages which may well be taxable to someone

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well Steve you sure know how to create a good thread, judging by the replys.

30.000 a month travel expenses! :wow:Surely anybody receiving that kind of money would also be on a fabulous salary.

I just don't buy it sorry. You are are pretty wise guy Steve when it comes down to money and savings, don't let someone else spend it for you!

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 5

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted

Got suddenly involved in a somewhat similar case. The background is that the government of Ormoc City did canceled the registration of many vehicles in not well condition. This affected also many buses, jeepneys and tricycles. Some routes have only few vehicles left. This have the strange result, that at the outskirts of the main city area it is becoming very difficult to catch a ride to the downtown area because all vehicles are full. Sometimes they have to wait more than 30 min to get a ride. (Before the government rule there was a ride available every 1 to 7 min.)  When there is the requirement to get the kids to school at the right time it becomes a real hassle. They want now to purchase an used multicab but do not have enough money for it. (No wonder because they had spend lots of money to fix their house which got seriously damaged in typhoons Hayian.) They asked me for 70k+ for a downpayment. But it is too much me. Are there other possible solutions?

stevewool
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Can't see it Steve, What does she do? It is no secret about my wife and her employment but her travel allowance is sometimes Trike fare or Organised Travel Vouchers and subsistence for the Trip, her company would do well to give her a company car if travel is that essential and cut the loses on Travel expenses tagged to wages which may well be taxable to someone

Ask the wife this question on where sh works, and is not sure what is the name.

Its a multinational company, i know she travels over Asia and even to Europe too , like a trouble shooter.

A long time ago she was offered a car in her wage package or cash, so she took cash, as she has her kids in private schooling plus a mortgage and a life of trying to beat the Jones too, so cash is better for the family it seems.

I do know she starts very early and finishes very late too, but that could be down to traveling.

Anyway crisis is over, i played my final card, Our holiday for two weeks in the sun or the cash for her sister for this car, we are still looking for our holiday .

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

Anyway crisis is over, i played my final card, Our holiday for two weeks in the sun or the cash for her sister for this car, we are still looking for our holiday .

thumbs-up-homer.png

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, stevewool said:

Next year you can double down with:  "You can stay home for the next two years holiday vacations, but I still plan on going myself."   That should end it forever. :hystery:

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Would you believe it, it seems that the whole family has gone away for a few days to a beach resort, the pictures look nice they are posting on Facebook, and I wonder who the other families  are who they are with .

Just thinking aloud here was this the car money to pay for this break.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Would you believe it, it seems that the whole family has gone away for a few days to a beach resort, the pictures look nice they are posting on Facebook, and I wonder who the other families  are who they are with .

I don`t like to badmouth people who I don`t know, but after other peoples experience with family members I would say yes that was what the money was for.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, stevewool said:

What can I say to that.jpg but I trust your Judgement Steve on this :shades:

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, stevewool said:

Hhmmm, seems like as always we are the last to see/hear the truth, pushbikes are cheap Steve. Given what was said in this thread it appears that the family are pulling the wool over your eyes/trying to, but obviously you saw it coming. Slowly slowly, softly softly. Well done sport. 

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 1