Buying a car

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, bigpearl said:

pulling the wool over your eyes/

:hystery: Booooooootiful mate, I know Steve will fall about laughing at this :Count_Sheep: when he is and about that is:SugarwareZ-004:

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted
On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 8:24 AM, Mike J said:

How about you tell her that "instead of repay a loan in November, wait until November and then buy a car."

Great answer (and question)!   problem solved.  My other thing would be That is what the car allowance is/was for; so, you sis made Your choice.   I know, more easily said than done, but my wallet would be Closed for biz on this one.  Up to wife what she does with her own earnings I guess.  Other issue becomes paying it back?....Seriously?...what are the odds?   

• Like 1

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted
On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 3:31 PM, stevewool said:

I asked her that but how will i buy my shoes she said with a rye smile.:89:

Hmmmm, shoes or a car?  Decisions, Decisions. 

• Like 1

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
On 19/05/2017 at 10:01 AM, Happyhorn52 said:

Why only 150,000. How can she possibly get a new car for so little money?

The OP said new as in new to the family, (I may be wrong but the cheapest new car in PH is around 500K)  god help us if they had a previous, probably only had one wheel. I think the OP is asking here as many do, should we lend/lose money to the family,,,,,,,,,,, car/renovations/medical needs/university/whims (holiday) or a plain old what can we get out of this, as said many times and as Steve/us have learnt, vet the asks/questions and most likely it will go away.

I/we have learnt over the years that the more you say no the less you are asked, serious/important things are then considered by family and asked accordingly, vetted naturally. A car? XXXX off.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 3

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Nickleback99 said:

Hmmmm, shoes or a car?  Decisions, Decisions. 

Or the holiday.

cheers, Steve.

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

Pay P150k for a junker and have regular requests, demands for months...repair monies. 

Say no have a week or so sour times and over....Reminds me.... BETTER HORROR WITH ENDING THAN HORROR WITHOUT ENDING......

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Steve, since you saved all that money by not buying a car for your wife's family can you buy me a car?  After all, we are all family on this forum ain't we?  :hystery: :7500:

• Like 4

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted

Kind of like the blackjack dealer to Chevy Chase "Griswold" in Vegas Vacation movie:  "How about you just give me All your money now and I'll give You a good kick in the nuts, and we call it even."