wrap their arms around and grip the waist of the rider;

The Kiddies on the back will have to grow longer arms then :huh:

• Like 3

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Damned if there is, damned if there is not 

BTW it took over 20 years to actually get this sorted in Spain and wear Helmets. so maybe on my 89 th Birthday they will achieve it

:89: Did you know, this has been Law since 2015 and Only now implemented, as you say Enforcing is another game

It's true Jack.. I'm heartened that at least there has been some thought and notice of these issues of safety. Where it will all go is yet to be seen. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

Where it will all go is yet to be seen. 

Where there is a will. there will be a way habal habal new look.png :huh:

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

I guess this To-day now but they are kidding of course :89: I suspect, that the Politician that introduced this RA, has never (or seldom) spent much time in the provinces or the even the Poorer Islands:

Most likely got a car with driver. 

• Like 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

It will probably be enforced about like the helmet law - more in the city, less in the province.  Out inthe province, where my wife's family lives, you do not need helmet, registration, or driver's license. Where we live helmets are not really required, but just a few km away, when you get closer to town, it is a good idea to have one (on the bike, not necessarily on your head). Once you get into the city you have to wear it (but many people wear them backwards?). 

• Like 4

Gary D
Posted
Posted

"someone drop their child off the bike and they just turned around, picked it up, dusted it off and continued on their way."

:hystery:

Reboot
Posted
Posted

In a country where people get things done like this...

motorcycle-mindanao-009.jpg

I really doubt it's a practical law.

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Actually, and I hate to be a stickler here, but the technical term for the small child / baby riding on the gas tank and holding onto the cross bar of the handlebars is called a 'crash test dummy' in some localities and a 'collision safety device' in other localities as it helps to 'cushion' the road impact for the driver in a frontal crash.

2 years ago with the helmet laws, out on Samar, the local police made a killing in verbal warnings instead of a formal citation being written. Every helmet needed a special DOT sticker which simply added more funds to the local police in their giving verbal warnings. Even retired officers, OLD men but still possessing their uniforms, set up roadblocks way out of town (away from real police) and were stopping motorcycles with riders and no helmet.

Today? No helmet needed yet once again....  Unless the actual highway patrol is making a sweep in the area.

• Like 2

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

As far helmets go, many range from about 700 pesos and up.  Many habalhabal drivers drive several students to school at the same time, making several trips. Not many people can even afford personal helmets.  I often see motorcyclists going along with their helmet hanging from the handlebar, as we head closer to the city. Just for "as needed" use I guess. Also many motorcycles have no side mirrors

There was a collision of two cyclists nearby. One a habalhabal driver, and one carrying two young children to school. Neither motorcycles were registered., and no licenses. Blessedly no one was badly hurt, although one child was thrown. Many multicabs and most motorcycles are not registered because of the money involved.

1 hour ago, Bruce said:

Actually, and I hate to be a stickler here, but the technical term for the small child / baby riding on the gas tank and holding onto the cross bar of the handlebars is called a 'crash test dummy' in some localities and a 'collision safety device' in other localities as it helps to 'cushion' the road impact for the driver in a frontal crash.

2 years ago with the helmet laws, out on Samar, the local police made a killing in verbal warnings instead of a formal citation being written. Every helmet needed a special DOT sticker which simply added more funds to the local police in their giving verbal warnings. Even retired officers, OLD men but still possessing their uniforms, set up roadblocks way out of town (away from real police) and were stopping motorcycles with riders and no helmet.

Today? No helmet needed yet once again....  Unless the actual highway patrol is making a sweep in the area.

Sad but true Bruce. As far helmets go here in the province, many range from about 700 pesos and up.  Many habalhabal drivers drive several students to school at the same time, making several trips. Not many people can even afford personal helmets.  I often see motorcyclists going along with their helmet hanging from the handlebar, as we head closer to the city. Just for "as needed" use I guess. Also many motorcycles have no side mirrors

There was a collision of two cyclists recently nearby. One was a habalhabal driver, and one carrying two young children to school. Neither motorcycles were registered., and no licenses. Blessedly no one was badly hurt, although one child was thrown. No citations were given to either driver. Many multicabs and motorcycles are not registered here in the province, because of the costs involved. I can't see how this ruling will be enforced on any level where we live.

• Like 2

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Reboot said:

In a country where people get things done like this...

motorcycle-mindanao-009.jpg

I really doubt it's a practical law.

How was that even accomplished Reboot?!!

• Like 1