Posted
Posted

That is some pretty high fines!

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

That is some pretty high fines!

Some of the poorer people cannot afford to make their MB roadworthy.How are they going to be able to pay those fines.I read that 53% of accidents involve Mbs and I am not surprised when you look at how many are on the road.

• Like 2

bows00
Posted
Posted
On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 1:13 PM, Bruce said:

2 years ago with the helmet laws, out on Samar, the local police made a killing in verbal warnings instead of a formal citation being written.

Try implementing the helmet law in Dumaguete - after spending a whole week there, I have seen only seen a handful of riders with helmits. 

• Like 1

davewe
Posted
Posted (edited)

Bottom line - it's a good thing. The fact that it won't be obeyed by many or routinely enforced is not the point. Most traffic laws in the West are only periodically enforced. My State has seat belt laws so everyone wears seatbelt, right? Um, not quite. And we have laws for hands free only cell phone use. Last night we passed a semi on the freeway where the driver was texting as he barreled along at 70 MPH.

So yes, I expect the law to not be obeyed by most and not enforced regularly. But if it saves a child or two, it will still be worth it

Edited by davewe
  • Like 5

robert k
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Some of the poorer people cannot afford to make their MB roadworthy.How are they going to be able to pay those fines.I read that 53% of accidents involve Mbs and I am not surprised when you look at how many are on the road.

That would be 53% of "reported" accidents. Probably closer to 90% of all accidents.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, davewe said:

Bottom line - it's a good thing. The fact that it won't be obeyed by many or routinely enforced is not the point. Most traffic laws in the West are only periodically enforced. My State has seat belt laws so everyone wears seatbelt, right? Um, not quite. And we have laws for hands free only cell phone use. Last night we passed a semi on the freeway where the driver was texting as he barreled along at 70 MPH.

So yes, I expect the law to not be obeyed by most and not enforced regularly. But if it saves a child or two, it will still be worth it

Back in Australia the laws you talk about are strictly enforced. Of course there are people who break the law. My guess in the Philippines in time you will find it will be enforced to. 

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 5/21/2017 at 4:00 AM, Reboot said:

Maybe it's photoshopped, maybe, not. Seems impossible!

But I have seen those bikes carrying lumber in Mindanao. Huge improbable pieces of lumber. I think they run them for making paper.

Totally agree have also seen them up close on many occasions. Mostly rural areas of Samar..

• Like 1