Philippines immigration going backwards

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

If the entry stamp is in the old passport I can see why they might ask for it.  But if the entry stamp is in the new one, there would no reason to see the old one.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

She's away at this time, but when she is back I will ask my Lawyer if she can tell us. she is a BI Interviewing Lawyer and is well versed on BI

Ok! so her Lady in the office relayed the message and she has text me. If the person concerned with a new passport is registered as in ARP they will need to alter the Registration at Manila so they will want to confirm the details are correct. the Fee she feels is a Fee (and that is new to her) for doing that Blind so to speak ( Digging out Paperwork etc thus making it an even longer process) so far easier and at no cost if the old Passport is shown. In a 2nd text she said that we/most Foreigners sometimes think the Worst yet, in her Years connected with the BI they normally have a  good reason for doing/wanting Most things, Bearing in mind that the Registration will show the Old Passport number.:huh: She, further in a 3rd Text went on to say that if the person is Over 6 month here and not Registered to expect a Fine at some time

Nothing else I can say on this

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I arrived in October with a new passport as the old had expired, done 3 extensions without problem so why now do they want an old passport.

From this, my take is that the entry stamp IS in the new passport?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, robert k said:

From this, my take is that the entry stamp IS in the new passport?

Yes 

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Ok! so her Lady in the office relayed the message and she has text me. If the person concerned with a new passport is registered as in ARP they will need to alter the Registration at Manila so they will want to confirm the details are correct. the Fee she feels is a Fee (and that is new to her) for doing that Blind so to speak ( Digging out Paperwork etc thus making it an even longer process) so far easier and at no cost if the old Passport is shown. In a 2nd text she said that we/most Foreigners sometimes think the Worst yet, in her Years connected with the BI they normally have a  good reason for doing/wanting Most things, Bearing in mind that the Registration will show the Old Passport number.:huh: She, further in a 3rd Text went on to say that if the person is Over 6 month here and not Registered to expect a Fine at some time

Nothing else I can say on this

If I remember I will add to this next month as I am 'straddling a line' also. I got my tourist ACR card last year, then renewed my passport, then left the country the last day my ACR card was valid. When I returned I got the 59 day visa on arrival and my "1st" extension is next month. Wonder what they will do with expired ACR card tied to old passport and request for 6 month extension?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

If the person concerned with a new passport is registered as in ARP they will need to alter the Registration at Manila so they will want to confirm the details are correct.

I assume you mean the ARC which is done on the second extension. In my case everything is done on the new passport so no need to do anything as before that I was not here for 5 years and only ever stayed about a month.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

Maybe an incomplete con then? If you pay up. Great! If you question, then there is a path of escape? I can see no reason why they would need an expired passport you didn't enter on.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

All this is way unknown and certainly confusing to us, My lawyer and I guess the Counter at BI. For me, a Trip to "J"Mall ( although time consuming is the only way to go Even now we have a member in the same Boat so it would be nice to get to the Bottom of it. Having said this, maybe it is yet another Tactic of the BI to get Mr President to listen to them on their Salary issue by using disgruntled Foreigners who are after all TOURISTS and for a Country that purports to be Tourist orientated, It's "just not Cricket" :smile:

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

If I remember I will add to this next month as I am 'straddling a line' also. I got my tourist ACR card last year, then renewed my passport, then left the country the last day my ACR card was valid. When I returned I got the 59 day visa on arrival and my "1st" extension is next month. Wonder what they will do with expired ACR card tied to old passport and request for 6 month extension?

I'm fairly certain that when you arrived you are just another tourist and it will go exactly as it would for a first time visitor. All that may have happened in the past has no bearing since your last entry...unless you want to bring them in and complicate matters? I certainly wouldn't.

You had an ACR card which is now expired? In what world would you not require a new one? Just get one at the prescribed time as normal.

Your new passport has your arrival stamp? Why would you have any desire to bring up your old passport? Keep it simple and let things progress in their natural course, no need [or benefit I can see] to confuse the issues or BoI employees? Do you see some point to gain or possible favorable treatment that I'm missing?:89:

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, robert k said:

I'm fairly certain that when you arrived you are just another tourist and it will go exactly as it would for a first time visitor. All that may have happened in the past has no bearing since your last entry...unless you want to bring them in and complicate matters? I certainly wouldn't.

You had an ACR card which is now expired? In what world would you not require a new one? Just get one at the prescribed time as normal.

Your new passport has your arrival stamp? Why would you have any desire to bring up your old passport? Keep it simple and let things progress in their natural course, no need [or benefit I can see] to confuse the issues or BoI employees? Do you see some point to gain or possible favorable treatment that I'm missing?:89:

I was thinking it is possible, maybe not probable, that when they input my info into the computer to issue a new ACR card, the computer returns with ACR card expired in April. What does that mean? Will it happen? I won't know until I go try which is what my post was about. A couple members have now mentioned being asked about their old passport, how did BI know they even had an old passport? Old records seem to be creating some kind of error in the system under certain circumstances - without being caused by us foreigners.