Philippines immigration going backwards

jpbago
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

that the BI wants my old passport

It is part of the security background check. They want to see if you have been to Syria in the past 10 years.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, AlwaysRt said:

I was thinking it is possible, maybe not probable, that when they input my info into the computer to issue a new ACR card, the computer returns with ACR card expired in April. What does that mean? Will it happen? I won't know until I go try which is what my post was about. A couple members have now mentioned being asked about their old passport, how did BI know they even had an old passport? Old records seem to be creating some kind of error in the system under certain circumstances - without being caused by us foreigners.

The new entry stamp should cover that, I would just point it out and wait if the matter even comes up.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, robert k said:

The new entry stamp should cover that, I would just point it out and wait if the matter even comes up.

My thoughts all along - until others started talking about being asked for old passports etc. Hopefully I will remember find this thread to give an update on how it goes for me next month.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, jpbago said:

It is part of the security background check. They want to see if you have been to Syria in the past 10 years.

Great point and good thing they are looking at the terror angle now. 

Curious why they wouldn't have all visitors biometric info in the first place? :89:

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

Edited by Old55

robert k
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, jpbago said:

Didn't know Syria was an issue 10 years ago.:89:

jpbago
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, robert k said:

Didn't know Syria was an issue 10 years ago.:89:

It takes 8 years of psychological training to be a jihadi fighter.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, jpbago said:

It takes 8 years of psychological training to be a jihadi fighter.

And only 18 months training to conduct a drone strike. We win:571b119686cf7_1(72):

CoffeeRulzMe
Posted
Posted

3-5 days now for extesions, long lines, etc.  Maybe it will get better??? It would have to considering the gov wants to invite/entice up to 1 million chinese tourists per year now.  Should be interesting.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, CoffeeRulzMe said:

3-5 days now for extesions, long lines, etc.  Maybe it will get better??? It would have to considering the gov wants to invite/entice up to 1 million chinese tourists per year now.  Should be interesting.

There already tourists who think twice about coming here and if they are up to these tricks even more will think twice.They really have to sort it out or face the drop and then when less tourists come maybe staff will lose their jobs.These people really are biting the hand that feeds them.Go complain to the government not take it out on tourists who pay your wages.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, CoffeeRulzMe said:

the gov wants to invite/entice up to 1 million chinese tourists per year now.

Do the Philillipine government have a BI office on Spratley Islands? :whistling: :popcorn:

But truthfully, if the Chinese want to come they will just come and they don't care what the Philippine Immigration thinks about it:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/world/asia/philippines-south-china-sea-duterte-war.html?_r=1

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1