Philippines immigration going backwards

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Do the Philillipine government have a BI office on Spratley Islands? :whistling: :popcorn:

But truthfully, if the Chinese want to come they will just come and they don't care what the Philippine Immigration thinks about it:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/world/asia/philippines-south-china-sea-duterte-war.html?_r=1

Wasn't there a report a while back about the Chinese being the #1 visa overstayers in the Philippines?

Yup, here is the quote "Morente said about 500,000 foreigners – mostly Chinese, Indians and a few South Koreans – have been illegally staying and working in the country in the past number of years." from this article http://www.philstar.com/metro/2016/11/15/1643856/bi-proposes-amnesty-.5-m-illegal-aliens

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, jpbago said:

It takes 8 years of psychological training to be a jihadi fighter.

And here I thought all it took was a paycheck or mental illness?

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, CoffeeRulzMe said:

3-5 days now for extesions, long lines, etc.  Maybe it will get better??? It would have to considering the gov wants to invite/entice up to 1 million chinese tourists per year now.  Should be interesting.

In Bacolod BI, the Chinese and Koreans use agents to bring in 15 to 20 passports at a time for extensions so this should not bother them.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

First thing is to remember that BI staff only know how to do things so they after today...  So, when you left last time, did you hand over your old ACR card..?  It will be tied to your new one so they need to see your passport the old one was issued on.  Don't ask silly questions like why...  They wonder the same thing but have to follow procedure...  As for if it's a scam?  Record the timeframe for everything, names if possible, and send this info plus a copy of your receipt to the BI big guys office...  Either they will explain it to you; or you may not see a few familiar faces on your next extension trip...  Yes, the answer is really much longer but I'm not going to write it all out here..  lol!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, i am bob said:

So, when you left last time, did you hand over your old ACR card..?  It will be tied to your new one so they need to see your passport the old one was issued on.  

I assume the question is for me. I have never had an ARC card before because I only stayed a month.