Money and the family

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, stevewool said:

Just thought i would add this , Spain seems to sounds better until Brexit is mentioned :smile:

Off subject really, but the Government here Steve are talking of any property over £100.000 being charge for care bills for any remaining spouse in the event of no longer being able to look after themselves!! It certainly looking "It's more Fun in the Philippines"

'New tax' on INHERITANCE: Outrage as Government proposes 'death tax' to fund social care | UK | News | Express.co.uk

Edited by Kuya John

stevewool
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

Families at war......Trust me Steve I have had a little taste of this discussion with in-laws.

My wife spent 9 years looking after first her Dad, then her Mum, she took care of them both in later life before we met.

After her Mum died, surviving her father by a few years they all came out the wood work.

First one of their farms was sold and shared, then after we met and married the second farm was sold and divided out, leaving my

wife out (Because she married a foreigner) the family house was rented out for a while till we decided it was in bad repair and had it knocked down.

My wife and I have discussed building a new house on the lot, now we realise to do that everyone else would want a stake in it, so the lot remains empty.

It was agreed that the old house should go to the wife after much discussion, no way am I chancing any future claims, so there it remains empty.

We all know what happens in our own countries when someone dies and like we have read here there is nothing worst then families and cash that they think they might get hold of.

Its hard to have a talk to Emma about this and other things concerning the family, is it because she sees them in a different light then i do, or is it she knows this is how it is but being a good sister and the youngest sister she just keeps her mouth shut.

Its just like the car loan , ask Emma to ask me , and when i say get your sister to ask me direct she just says , she is not bothering now.

stevewool
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

Off subject really, but the Government here Steve are talking of any property over £100.000 being charge for care bills for any remaining spouse in the event of no longer being able to look after themselves!! It certainly looking more "Fun in the Philippines"

Times are a changing here John,

If all goes right for us we will not have a home here in England so what i dont have they cannot take of me, best bet is to spend spend and spend if you are thinking of staying here in England , if you have nothing then the government will look after you and everything will be free.

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Its hard to have a talk to Emma about this and other things concerning the family, is it because she sees them in a different light then i do, or is it she knows this is how it is

I'm afraid Steve this is a cultural thing. the old saying "Blood is thicker than water"

My friend and I were out walking and the discussion turn to Chinese culture. His Chinese friend told him, in an argument he would be expected to take the Chinese side, even if he didn't agree! I guess that is the way it is in Asia.

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, stevewool said:

if you have nothing then the government will look after you and everything will be free.

:hystery: So there is a FREE Lunch then? :whistling: Steve they will take your Pension you know, We the Populous will never win

Start Packing mate you know it makes sense.jpg :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:hystery: So there is a FREE Lunch then? :whistling: Steve they will take your Pension you know, We the Populous will never win

:hystery:How true Jack.....we might need that warm coat, there is talk of means testing the winter fuel allowance too! :tiphat:

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Not ready yet , but i am trying my best to get everything in place including my private pension.

stevewool
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

:hystery:How true Jack.....we might need that warm coat, there is talk of means testing the winter fuel allowance too! :tiphat:

I wonder how they are going to do the mean testing, simple i say, what is in your bank account plus your private pension too. sorry you cant have it, but here is a brentford nylons blanket for the extra layer for your bed .:huh:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, stevewool said:

but i am trying my best to get everything in place including my private pension.

Now there is something that I was intending to start a new topic about. After the Basic Tax Free Allowances, I hear that private pensions paid out Abroad will be taxed @ 25% so after 10.800 pounds Sterling per year all income over that amount will be at that rate

Another Question for Jamie when the time comes

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

Now there is something that I was intending to start a new topic about. After the Basic Tax Free Allowances, I hear that private pensions paid out Abroad will be taxed @ 25% so after 10.800 pounds Sterling per year all income over that amount will be at that rate

Another Question for Jamie when the time comes

Better make sure i never go above that amount once i start to receive my state pension then and thats another 7.5 years , will i be alive then.

• Like 1