Visa Run... Any issues..?

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I'm getting ready to do my Visa Run in the next couple months and I'm wondering if anyone has had any issues with any if it...  Specifically regarding the time outside the Philippines...  I'm looking at leaving from Davao with a couple hours layover in Cebu before flying on to Singapore...  The issue?  I leave Singapore and arrive back in the Philippines the next day but less than 24 hours out of country...  I think it's ok...  It's a different date than my departure...  

If anyone has any info on this - or any other issues during their Visa Run..?

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, i am bob said:

I'm getting ready to do my Visa Run in the next couple months and I'm wondering if anyone has had any issues with any if it...  Specifically regarding the time outside the Philippines...  I'm looking at leaving from Davao with a couple hours layover in Cebu before flying on to Singapore...  The issue?  I leave Singapore and arrive back in the Philippines the next day but less than 24 hours out of country...  I think it's ok...  It's a different date than my departure...  

If anyone has any info on this - or any other issues during their Visa Run..?

While I haven't done one that fast myself, I have read reports from 2-3 others who have done the same as you (but to Hong Kong) within the last 2 years. According to them, expect getting a funny look from BI on return, but that is the only 'issue' they had. Of course YMMV depending on which BI officer you get. So, should not be a problem - keyword 'should'.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Yep.  Been there done that.  I got a snide remark from the BI guy checking me into the country.  Somethings like "You know this is a tourist visa and not a residence visa.  It is not meant to be used like this if you plan to live here."  I gave him a smile and some song and dance about gonna get married but ran out of time so had to leave and come right back.  He just grunted but seemed to swallow that line.  It was kinda true.  I was living with a lady "like" we were married but we were not  gonna tie the know.

• Like 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I only did a visa run once, and took a 4 day break in Hong Kong - but I know guys that have come back the same day.  Morning flight, lunch at the airport, and an evening flight back. 

• Like 3