Timing of vehicle checks/road checkpoints

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

It is fiesta time here and when I went to Hypermart this morning they was a checkpoint.I was stopped but as all was in order I was allowed on my way.

You should have seen all the MB turning around when they saw the checkpoint,it was quite funny really.

It is very busy with all the people coming to this area,I do believe that this has been timed to coincide with the fiesta.

I only saw one MB which was stopped and  they will probably they will get a fine as the bike had seen better days.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, sonjack2847 said:

It is very busy with all the people coming to this area,I do believe that this has been timed to coincide with the fiesta.

Kev, were there many bikes with Kids on, I ask only that my neighbour was caught Last night with 3 on the bike, he got a Stern warning,

But that main Road is dangerous. There there are other ways to go to avoid the Traffic and a checkpoint don't you think?

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Kev, were there many bikes with Kids on, I ask only that my neighbour was caught Last night with 3 on the bike, he got a Stern warning,

But that main Road is dangerous. There there are other ways to go to avoid the Traffic and a checkpoint don't you think?

Yes they can go up your road.I never saw any Kids on the bikes.It was early as I had to go to the bank before Hypermart. I will say that if they were out there now they would have a field day.

Gator
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

It is fiesta time here

That's your answer > fiesta time. The enforcers need money to pay for red horse and party favors (read into that whatever you wish). 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gator said:

That's your answer > fiesta time. The enforcers need money to pay for red horse and party favors (read into that whatever you wish). 

No this was the Highway Patrol not Local Enforcers. It is going to get Serious now in Dumaguete after all these Years of being a Policeman/Enforcers Friend. Time to get Straight Dumagueteionions( or whatever you are called) :whistling:  

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

No this was the Highway Patrol not Local Enforcers. It is going to get Serious now in Dumaguete after all these Years of being a Policeman/Enforcers Friend. Time to get Straight Dumagueteionions( or whatever you are called) :whistling:  

Well they never stopped anybody for not wearing a helmet go figure that one out.They just wanted Licence and registration.Maybe they will be doing one thing at a time until they have it all covered.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

After the school up here there is hardly any traffic.Further down it can get a bit hairy especially outside the SSS and NSO where there is no parking spaces for any vehicle to park.This means the road effectively gets turned into 1 lane.

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Still amazes me to see the check points on a long straight. The majority just sit and wait or turn around. Really these enforcers are truly the offenders friend.

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I saw a fun sign yesterday (as I watched a motorcycle with a small child, passenger, pull away from the school).  The sign was at our town plaza: "no helmet zone".  My wife said you cannot wear a helmet around the plaza for "security reasons".  But... isn't there a national law that says you have to wear a helmet to ride?  So shouldn't the sign just read "no motorcycle zone"?

How do you enforce conflicting laws?

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

"no helmet zone". 

That's one of dichotomies of the Philippines Tim, and it really affects us here in Metro. Each subdivision or "village" is considered private property, there for National laws do not apply unless the folks there request support from the PNP. You see it all the time here, at the security shack a sign is posted "no helmet zone".

In fact there was a huge brouhaha here when the anti drug campaign started. The high end subdivisions refused to let the PNP in to conduct drug searches. My brother in laws subdivision has two security gates which were never manned until Operation tokan started. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):