Phil Health Price Increase

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, bigpearl said:

Could you share your insights pls?

Cheers, Steve.

It is just a very large premium increase. They benefit from extra premiums (less people who do not renew because of it). No increase in benefits covered. More details already mentioned with links in responses above.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

15K per year is not bad. Medicare B is about $105 a month automatically subtracted from your Social Security benefit. Supplemental insurance through Aetna is $120 per month. The equivalent at 50:1 is 135,000 a year. That's per person. My wife pay a similar amount.

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JJReyes said:

15K per year is not bad. Medicare B is about $105 a month automatically subtracted from your Social Security benefit. Supplemental insurance through Aetna is $120 per month. The equivalent at 50:1 is 135,000 a year. That's per person. My wife pay a similar amount.

The big difference with Philhealth is that it is only a discount and you don't know how much beforehand.

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

One of my best friends went to the PhilHealth office in Robinson's Mall to ask them how much truth there is in all this.  The reply he says they gave is:  "Come back and ask in June as no one is able to confirm that it will happen for sure."

As per usual nobody really knows what is going on.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Gary D said:

The big difference with Philhealth is that it is only a discount and you don't know how much beforehand.

I have used PH for my daughter several times.In Dalaguete the bill (our part of it) came to ZERO.In Dumaguete when she was in Hospital the bill was around 24k and we paid about 11k. When you work what we have had paid for over 5 years the actual amount we have paid for PH has been more than covered.It is worth getting just to get yourself into a hospital and to have the treatment started.I have found that when you get the prescription from the doctor for whatever medicines you require it is much cheaper to get them outside the hospital. Ok sometimes not all of them are available but you can save yourself quite a bit of money that way.

• Like 4

jpbago
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I have used PH for my daughter several times.In Dalaguete the bill (our part of it) came to ZERO.In Dumaguete when she was in Hospital the bill was around 24k and we paid about 11k. When you work what we have had paid for over 5 years the actual amount we have paid for PH has been more than covered.It is worth getting just to get yourself into a hospital and to have the treatment started.I have found that when you get the prescription from the doctor for whatever medicines you require it is much cheaper to get them outside the hospital. Ok sometimes not all of them are available but you can save yourself quite a bit of money that way.

Our daughter was in Riverside Hospital, Bacolod for 15 days, 2nd time with dengue. The bill was ~Ph 130,000 of which Philihealth paid Ph 8,000.

Riverside does not allow meds from ouside the hospital.

mogo51
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, jpbago said:

Our daughter was in Riverside Hospital, Bacolod for 15 days, 2nd time with dengue. The bill was ~Ph 130,000 of which Philihealth paid Ph 8,000.

19 minutes ago, jpbago said:

Wow, that was a big gap.  

mogo51
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, JJReyes said:

That is very expensive health cover.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, jpbago said:

I was going to buy my daughters meds in the Hospital and they wanted nearly 7k I went outside and got the meds for 1300.

• Like 4

jpbago
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I was going to buy my daughters meds in the Hospital and they wanted nearly 7k I went outside and got the meds for 1300.

That is good if the hospital allows it and if the meds are real meds and not fakes. Some hospitals have had troubles with fakes so they only buy from a reliable supplier. Some people have brought in meds that did not remedy the problem at hand. I would think that St. Lukes would not allow outside meds.

• Like 1