Manchester Suicide Bomber, England.

virginprune
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, scott h said:

Hmmmm, I don't see any sikh,Chinese, or indian or jamakianor south African or Filipino immigrants (or their children) blowing themselves up in a crowd.

As a Yank I consider that the UK is one of the most inclusive cultures around. I might be wrong but that's my non brit observation

That speech was made in the 1960's and my comment was relevant to its timing. I agree that multiculturalism in the uk has come a long way since then, however there is still much casual, and not so casual racism in England. Being English and having lived there a long time, I possibly notice it more than a non Brit would.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, virginprune said:

I possibly notice it more than a non Brit would

Oh no doubt virgin.:thumbsup:

Edited by scott h

virginprune
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, scott h said:

Hmmmm, I don't see any sikh,Chinese, or indian or jamakianor south African or Filipino immigrants (or their children) blowing themselves up in a crowd.

Maybe not the suicide part, apart from hunger strikers, but the IRA were very good at blowing up or torturing innocent people, many of them children. They were not from the Middle East, although they took their expertise there to teach would be terrorists. 

virginprune
Posted
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Reboot said:

So they go blow up a concert and kill innocents because whitey is bad. OK. 

Their reasoning is that, pretty much!

Edited by virginprune
  • Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Eddie1 said:

Reporting now on all news channels in the UK.    A suspected suicide bomber at Manchester Arena, 19 confirmed dead, over 50 injured, most probably the majority of these will be young.

Very distressing reports.

Yes, very disturbing. It can and will happen anywhere. Nothing  is more disturbing than to learn that innocent people were victims of a suicide bomber. 

One cannot and should not live in fear but we cannot be careless. 

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

It is a bad world we are living in now but according to witness or concert goes there was no security on entering other than checking tickets. If this is true I fail to understand why. Surely in these times strict security has to be implemented in large public gatherings.

I also wondered about this. I know it would take time for everyone entering to go thru an electronic controlled device like they have at airports but if they had, this may not have happened.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, scott h said:

The problem is virgin is not todays refugees, but the children that are born in the UK (or what ever host nation) and in 20 to 25 years they are the next generation of home grown terrorist. Its not the people, its the ideology.

The person (who apparently) carried out this attack came,with his family, as a refugee 10 years ago from Libya.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

I also wondered about this. I know it would take time for everyone entering to go thru an electronic controlled device like they have at airports but if they had, this may not have happened.

You would think it would be a requirement.

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted

This dirtbag was already known to the police to be a threat. 

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, virginprune said:

I didn't realise Angela Merkel was running in the uk election!! FYI the current, unelected, prime minister allowed immigration to soar under her watch when she was Home Secretary! Another fact that you might like to check is that most terrorist attacks credited to islamism are almost exclusively by home grown terrorists, not refugees as the rabid right wing press would have you believe. 

Read my post again slowly, there is a full stop.  Then I mention Merkel who happens to have admitted over 1m refugees and is urging the rest of EU to do the same! What a great idea!

• Like 4