Anti Flatulence law signed by Duterte

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

:89:

MANILA, Philippines 5/23/2017 – President Rodrigo Duterte signed on Tuesday, May 23, the executive order (EO) on a nationwide ban on Flatulence in all public places.

Palace sources also confirmed that the President already signed EO 27.

Ubial said they will now proceed with crafting the EO's implementing rules and regulations.

"We are happy! It's really comprehensive and [the designated flatulence areas] are very strict!" she added.

EO 27 sets strict guidelines on designated flatulence areas and bans them altogether in schools, including universities, and recreational facilities for minors.

Designated flatulence areas or DSAs are defined in the EO, obtained by Rooters.com as an "an area of a building or conveyance where flatulence may be allowed, which may be in an open space or separate area with proper ventilation."

The EO also specifies that a "non-flatulence buffer zone" be established for DSAs not located in open spaces. The buffer zone must be between the door of the DSA and the rest of the building. There should be no part of the buffer zone that will allow air to escape to the flatulence-free area except for a "single door with an automatic door closer and automatic pressurised air fresheners. ."

A building or conveyance can have only one DSA of one square meter. Toilets are exempt. 

Minors are prohibited from entering the DSA or its buffer zone unless an approved mask or breathing apparatus is used. 

The EO lists the following as areas where flatulence is not allowed, hence no DSA shall be provided:

Centers of youth activity such as playschools, preparatory schools, elementary schools, high schools, colleges and universities, youth hostels, and recreational facilities for minors
Elevators and stairwells
Locations where fire hazards are present.
Within premises of public and private hospitals, as well as medical, dental, and optical clinics
Food preparation areas or serving areas such as restaurants , bars, karaoke places or road side vendors to name only a few. 

PNP chief Dele Rosana also said that the Philippine National Police will enforce the new law and pursued the public to help bring offenders to justice. He also said when asked for clarification on how the law will be policed he stated that PNP will use sniffer dogs to find violators of the new law.

Source, https://rooters.ph.com 

• Like 4

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

I guess I won't be visiting the Philippines anytime soon. Do you know how much is the fine and will they hire more police officers  for enforcement?

Anyone remember the legislator who tried to pass a law banning typhoons from entering the Philippines Area of Responsibility?

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

So, be extra careful of what you eat. 

They will be checking assholes next as one enters a " non-flatulance buffer zone".

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

And thus ends Jake's dream of returning home.:shades:

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

:89:

MANILA, Philippines 5/23/2017 – President Rodrigo Duterte signed on Tuesday, May 23, the executive order (EO) on a nationwide ban on Flatulence in all public places.

Palace sources also confirmed that the President already signed EO 27.

Ubial said they will now proceed with crafting the EO's implementing rules and regulations.

"We are happy! It's really comprehensive and [the designated flatulence areas] are very strict!" she added.

EO 27 sets strict guidelines on designated flatulence areas and bans them altogether in schools, including universities, and recreational facilities for minors.

Designated flatulence areas or DSAs are defined in the EO, obtained by Rooters.com as an "an area of a building or conveyance where flatulence may be allowed, which may be in an open space or separate area with proper ventilation."

The EO also specifies that a "non-flatulence buffer zone" be established for DSAs not located in open spaces. The buffer zone must be between the door of the DSA and the rest of the building. There should be no part of the buffer zone that will allow air to escape to the flatulence-free area except for a "single door with an automatic door closer and automatic pressurised air fresheners. ."

A building or conveyance can have only one DSA of one square meter. Toilets are exempt. 

Minors are prohibited from entering the DSA or its buffer zone unless an approved mask or breathing apparatus is used. 

The EO lists the following as areas where flatulence is not allowed, hence no DSA shall be provided:

Centers of youth activity such as playschools, preparatory schools, elementary schools, high schools, colleges and universities, youth hostels, and recreational facilities for minors
Elevators and stairwells
Locations where fire hazards are present.
Within premises of public and private hospitals, as well as medical, dental, and optical clinics
Food preparation areas or serving areas such as restaurants , bars, karaoke places or road side vendors to name only a few. 

PNP chief Dele Rosana also said that the Philippine National Police will enforce the new law and pursued the public to help bring offenders to justice. He also said when asked for clarification on how the law will be policed he stated that PNP will use sniffer dogs to find violators of the new law.

Source, https://rooters.ph.com 

I would have thought they would stop spitting in the street.Is there a law against that.I will have to be careful of what I eat in future.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

He also said when asked for clarification on how the law will be policed he stated that PNP will use sniffer dogs to find violators of the new law.

:hystery: But wait, what charges? the Evidence will have gone in a:pufff:

Jack:mellow:

Morning all:photo-109:

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I think this legislation is just a big bag of wind!!!

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:hystery: But wait, what charges? the Evidence will have gone in a:pufff:

Jack:mellow:

Morning all:photo-109:

MMM not mine they linger.I will give you an example tomorrow.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

which may be in an open space or separate area with proper ventilation."

We call this the CR Scratching Head.jpg

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, sonjack2847 said:

MMM not mine they linger.I will give you an example tomorrow.

:hystery: Remember we may have Company!