Cockroaches Bite

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

In the early days its a "bugger"!  (Pun intended).  Until your body gets used to the different toxins from the insects you are not used to, you may suffer horrible itch.  But it goes away after a bit and now I don't even notice the majority of bug bites.  I sometimes put on a little alcohol or some peroxide or that Chinese fluocinonide cream that comes in a green tube for 20 pesos at any public market.  Used to only be 8 pesos ten years back so inflation has hit that one hard.

oh dear ,and I thought that the Scottish midges were bad , ill grab some of that cream when I get there ,thanks for the advice

• Like 1

sumgai
Posted
Posted
On 3/3/2018 at 4:24 PM, Gary D said:

I thought the gecko's were great until in the middle of the night one lost it's footing and landed in the middle of my bare chest:shock_40_anim_gif:

I've had them jump on me in all sorts of situations, not that I mind as they don't carry diseases dangerous to us (to my knowledge).

One time I had one right in front of me climb into my food bowl and spent a good hour eating my leftover sweet and sour sauce. My mind was blown as I didn't know they eat anything but insects.

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted
On 3/3/2018 at 8:27 PM, bastonjock said:

id have an army of highly trained gekos to scoff bugs ,my GF sent me a photo of some bugs that come out during a full moon ,there was thousands of the little blighters

is there a recommended ointment or whatever for insect bites in the tropics? ive got a spray that hopefully will keep the mossies in check ,but I'm now looking for a stuff to treat any bug bites

Just a simple wipe of vinegar will do the trick.  Helps to kill the itch and reduces swelling.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, i am bob said:

Just a simple wipe of vinegar will do the trick

Piss on it.  https://www.steadyhealth.com/topics/does-urine-really-help-to-stop-pain-in-bee-stings

:hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
On 3/5/2018 at 10:12 PM, i am bob said:

Just a simple wipe of vinegar will do the trick.  Helps to kill the itch and reduces swelling.

if you use baslamic you may get licked 

• Love it 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Here in Oz we have midges, and black soil mites, nasty little bugger and cause red whelps and lumps and very itchy. An old bush remedy is use to relieve the itch with a dab of hair conditioner, ( any brand, ) on the affected area and let dry, within a few minutes the itch will be gone. If itch returns, apply again, it also works on mossy bites .

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 3/6/2018 at 11:12 AM, i am bob said:

I got an ant bite yesterday.  Those are the worst for me.  So I tried your trick.  It did not work for me.  Oh well, I still have my green cream from China that works for me. Trouble is I have to apply it 4 or more times a day to keep it working. :cheersty:

• 2 weeks later...
i am bob
Posted
Posted
On 3/8/2018 at 6:43 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

I got an ant bite yesterday.  Those are the worst for me.  So I tried your trick.  It did not work for me.  Oh well, I still have my green cream from China that works for me. Trouble is I have to apply it 4 or more times a day to keep it working. :cheersty:

Hehe!  I've always used Apple cider vinegar.   I looked it up and it's the pectin in it that stops the itch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1