Living the dream, paying for that dream

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bows00 said:

Never understood when someone would say that "money doesn't buy happiness".  To me, it does if your starving and someone gave you some money for food, or if your living in the streets and someone buys you a house.  Money is an integral part of a happy, secure retirement - right up there with your health and relationships.  

It's like asking someone if he would rather give up an arm or a leg?    

You just said FREE money buys happiness? 

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Its funny when you are working and trying to feed a family and maybe a holiday once a year you dream of retiring, but when the dream is close you then start to think ,Oops what happens when i have no routine.

Yes i make a new routine.

With what is happening all over the world at this moment many would think its mad to go to a place where these things are happening, i wonder if world peace may happen in the next 19 months.

Steve, I'm sure you will find something to keep you occupied. The Philippines is a photo-op from the instant you step out your door. Or even before you step out, one of my pictures that people seem to like best is the one I took looking out what used to be my front door and people usually say...why on earth did you leave? I have never been a shutterbug but I took more photos in a month than I have in the 48 years previous. I did slow down taking photos though...because I started taking video!:smile:

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, robert k said:

Never understood when someone would say that "money doesn't buy happiness".  To me, it does

I was not going to add to this but talking to a friend who did as you say and found that the Happiness he thought he bought Lasted as long as his money did. Of course many (And we hear about it here) come with Wads and think that they have bought happiness then those that were happy with what was bought for them move on to the next one to make them happy. Sorry my Friend but this is not about the sort of Happiness I refer too. We read all the time about this. We Live in a Country where they all love you until....... :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

"A Fool and His Money" comes to mind. Instant happiness is like Fools Gold,

The OP has been married a long time and like so many here, his happiness is as secure as it can be, he is now seriously thinking of the Move here and is to my Mind now Crossing the "T's" and Dotting the i's.

Of Course Money is an integral Part of Retirement but it does not follow that Your happiness can be Guaranteed  giving money willy nilly as you might suggest.

To me, as I feel Sentimental just now, The Happiness I feel was never brought about by Money but working together through good times and Bad times, Sometimes struggling others not.  You don't/can't buy that type of Happiness OH! Money is important but if I had to rely on it to get the same level of Happiness I would no doubt be writing as many do on Forums say Aghhhhhhhhh I was Fleeced

"Met a Girl" and the rest is History as is your Money :huh: 

EDIT Sorry Robert I clicked the wrong post to reply to of course it was Bows that said this

Edited by Jack Peterson
Needed to apologize to Robert
  • Like 4

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)

It's ok Jack, I was just correcting the record.

Edited by robert k
Save space
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, robert k said:

Never understood when someone would say that "money doesn't buy happiness".  To me, it does if your starving and someone gave you some money for food, or if your living in the streets and someone buys you a house.

Just now, robert k said:

Jack, wasn't my quote. It was Bows00's.

Yes Robert please reread the post as I have already put an apology on:thumbsup:

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, bows00 said:

Never understood when someone would say that "money doesn't buy happiness"

I visit perhaps 5 times a year our place in the North..........when ever i go to the Sori Sori shop for a few San Migs, if kids are there i always give them any coins in the change...............A peso or 2 certainly makes them smile...........so buys them a little piece of happiness and makes me feel very humbled

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, robert k said:

You just said FREE money buys happiness? 

It sure brings out the smiles in the Filipinos.

• Like 2