Living the dream, paying for that dream

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Money dont buy you happiness,

Well this month we have hit a milestone in funds, Saturday we went out and i mentioned to Emma where we are with the savings plan, and it juts went over her head.

We went out happy, we came back happy, so really nothing did or has changed for us two other then we are both have a little more security in money terms.

• Like 3

bows00
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, stevewool said:

Money dont buy you happiness,

Well this month we have hit a milestone in funds, Saturday we went out and i mentioned to Emma where we are with the savings plan, and it juts went over her head.

We went out happy, we came back happy, so really nothing did or has changed for us two other then we are both have a little more security in money terms.

I bet you would've been more stressed if your funds were low.  And happiness and security is on the other side of stress.  

Studies show you need a certain amount of money to cover your essentials and at least some of your discretionary needs to be happy.  Anything more is just bonus.  

4 hours ago, stevewool said:

• Like 2

bows00
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

I am sticking with money does not buy happiness. What it does buy is a certain amount of freedom and maybe an 'easier' life. Money buys freedom from worries about having basic needs of food and shelter met. It also can make available more entertainment options, from acquiring land to farm to travel to electronics to vehicles, the list is endless possibilities. All of which you can have and still be nothing close to happy. 

Money can solve many problems, not being happy is not one of them though.

Lack of money causes worries and stress... how can you be happy with that?

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, bows00 said:

8 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

I am sticking with money does not buy happiness. What it does buy is a certain amount of freedom and maybe an 'easier' life. Money buys freedom from worries about having basic needs of food and shelter met. It also can make available more entertainment options, from acquiring land to farm to travel to electronics to vehicles, the list is endless possibilities. All of which you can have and still be nothing close to happy. 

Money can solve many problems, not being happy is not one of them though.

Lack of money causes worries and stress... how can you be happy with that?

You are beginning to Troll Bows, you are well aware of what this Topic is all about in Fact I believe this  of your Postings of late communication to reply.jpg

Sorry Boss But.............:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Edited by Jack Peterson
Just because I felt the need ha ha
  • Like 1

bows00
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

You are beginning to Troll Bows, you are well aware of what this Topic is all about in Fact I believe this  of your Postings of late communication to reply.jpg

Sorry Boss But.............:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

I re-read the original post just to make sure I was on topic.  But I guess a more accurate statement would be that "Money alone, cannot buy you happiness".  And once you have enough, more money doesn't really add much more to the happinest scale.  

• Like 5

stevewool
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, bows00 said:

I bet you would've been more stressed if your funds were low.  And happiness and security is on the other side of stress.  

Studies show you need a certain amount of money to cover your essentials and at least some of your discretionary needs to be happy.  Anything more is just bonus.  

Never happen with the funds , the happiness well thats not a guarantee for ever unless you both work at it, but sh-t can happen, just move on.

We all need so much as you say but some are only happy with to much compared to others.

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 5/29/2017 at 6:03 PM, Jack Peterson said:

Isn't odd sometimes, where it is all about MONEY and not about Quality of Life, Money, doesn't buy happiness and health :shades:

But money will pay the Doctor's bill Jack.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm Ron, if Money bought "Health" you would have not been ill in the First Place + While I am here, if Money Bought "Happiness" why so many Divorces/ Splits call them what you want

Jack.:89:

Morning All:morning1:

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

I have been with 2 different broke ass foreigners who died here, in hospital, with no money.  I have also been with an even broker one who died at home because he had no money at all to even be admitted to hospital.  I have been with a 4th who died with money in a provincial hospital.

The recurring theme is they all died happy in that they would not have changed a thing if they had to do it over again.

Oh yeah, the difference between the 3 broke ass ones and the 4th who died in a provincial hospital WITH money?  That one was Leon.  He has been mentioned before.  His wife poisoned him to get his money.  He still died happy as he told me once that he would rather die than live without his Josephine.  He may be classified as a romantic idiot but definitely one who was unable to buy happiness with money.

Disclaimer:  When I say Leon had money it was not much.  But enough so that his wife and kids went to Cebu Docs hospital when they were sick but he would not spend that money on himself.  He figured the cheap provincial hospital was good enough.  It wasn't.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 5